Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

EJ20 Engine Management

Old 02-26-2003, 10:44 AM
Cock Model

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EJ20 Engine Management

Sup guys, just doing some research for the upcoming mods and interested in your opinions.
What form of engine management would you use. Piggyback (UTEC, XEDE) or tune the OEM ECU.
The changes i'm looking into are the following:
BOV
Turbo Back Exhaust
up-pipe
Short Ram intake
and maybe a Crank Pulley.

I'm also interested in the affects on warranty with these mods and whether you could simply remove a piggyback and not have Subaru throw a fit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

02 WRX
K&N, ic hoses, up-pipe & turboback
Old 02-26-2003, 11:28 AM
Cock Model

ECUTEK, that's tuning the stock ECU right? Will that like totally void my whole warranty?

Alot of the deals i've been looking into have been at the SubaruStore/Titanmotorsports in Orlando and they do the same kinda shit, Vishnu stock ECU tuning i believe. I figure they'd give me a deal since i'll probably buy a bunch of shit over there, but i'm worried about the warranty on the stock ECU.

I wanna tune cause i've seen some cars with just the turbo back and engine management and it's pretty impressive. Like 30hp by itself, i've heard. Probably jack the boost up to 15-15.5.

02 WRX
Old 02-26-2003, 04:50 PM
Cock Model

thanks guys for the help, i have considered Mastro cause they are in town, but the deals i was looking at were in Orlando. I'll definety look more into them though.
Are you saying that if i have professionals tune my actually stock ECU my dealership won't know if something goes wrong?
I thought a piggyback with a harness would be a safer bet cause you could just unplug that bitch.
Also, Billy, what mods do you have, how much did you spend, what ET's you running?

02 WRX
Old 02-28-2003, 11:16 AM
Cock Model

Thanks billy. I'm a local to Tampa but i go to school at UF in gainesville. I'm going to be back in town next Sunday, the 8th, just till monday. If you are going to be in town write back, and i'll give you a call maybe we can meet up. I'd like to see your car.
I don't really have any other questions, you guys pretty much answered them all. But i'm sure there's some lil technical stuff we could get into cause you've already had the mods done.

I was however talking to this kid last night in gainesville with a real nice WRX and he said that he recently ordered a new exhaust manifold with the up-pipe built in for $350 bucks. Sounds like a fucking steal, if you're heard about that let me know where i could look it up. I forgot the name of the company.

Thanks again for the help
-Mike

02 WRX