Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

CF driveshaft group buy

Old 12-15-2010, 10:54 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CF driveshaft group buy

Thanks to TPnorth, he hooked me up with a company called Precision Shaft Technology, PST, out of Clearwater, FL. These are the same guys that supply Titan Motorsports with driveshafts, so you know it's quality stuff.

I took my car over there today to help them out with fitment b/c their line of Impreza driveshafts is new. I talked to them about starting a group buy for their driveshafts and they said they were up for it. These carbon fiber driveshafts are really nice, high quality, and much better priced than the others on the market right now. Pretty strong too, can take upwards of 550 horsepower/tq which is perfect for 99% of us. They weigh only 10-12 lbs!

I'm unclear on the exact pricing as of now, but they said it would be well under $1000 for a driveshaft -- considering the going price on these is typically $1400+, this is a pretty exciting group buy. I bet if we can get a decent list of buyers the price will drop even more.

Post up if you are interested and I'll bring this list to them around the first of the year so we can be the first to have these awesome driveshafts. If you have any questions, post up and I'll get you an answer ASAP! Here's a few pics that I shot today, I'll have more pics, review, and video for everyone around the first of the year when I go back to test fit the revisions they are making from the data gathered today.

Group buy list:

1. SubyPaL.com (Me)
and so on..however many we need they can make

This is getting posted on NASIOC too, but I put it up here first as we are locals to this shop. Cheers!

My contact info if you need it--> contact me anyway, anytime and I'll answer any questions you may have!
Michael Berenis
"Automotive News Examiner, Tampa Sports Car Examiner & CarDomain.com contributor, SEMA member via Itzen Media
"

1,000+ Viral Automotive Article & Video Database

http://www.examiner.com/sports-car-i...ichael-berenis

Latest Automotive News

http://www.examiner.com/automotive-n...ichael-berenis

Streetfire.net profile
http://www.streetfire.net/profile/Ta...r_Examiner.htm

CarDomain.com profile
http://www.cardomain.com/id/subaru-offroad

Facebook profile
http://www.facebook.com/mberenis

Contact info:
michaelberenis@hotmail.com
(352)678-7373
Tampa, Florida

Last edited by subypal; 12-15-2010 at 10:57 AM.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:53 AM
CHILLING SPREE!!!

Nuts I looked into ths company 4 years ago... I would have jumped on this but went with an aluminum version.

SnowMan Tuned
Old 12-15-2010, 12:15 PM
Only Bolt ons!!

They do axles??

TampaBayTunedInc.
Area51Tuned
Old 12-15-2010, 03:00 PM
Subaru/Evo Parts Hookup!

they should message me to sell them

i've sold ACPT for years...and they are only $1275...no GB

i'd like to see how these compare
2009 GTR
www.IMPORTIMAGERACING.COM
With over $10million sold, 30,000+ happy customers, over 100 brands to chose from, at the best pricing...best customer service...No wonder so many choose Import Image!
Old 12-15-2010, 03:12 PM
Banned

np import image I'll refer them to you, they prefer dealers and have a great program from what they were telling me today.. I think it would be a great match for you

tupass-- no cv's man only driveshafts

Last edited by subypal; 12-15-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:45 PM
I'm Slow

price is good, why only 550 whp/tq limit?

550/550
Old 12-15-2010, 06:35 PM
DudeMan

Youll notice great throttle response with a cf driveshaft, and also less of a drivetrain loss

Old 12-16-2010, 05:10 AM
Tampa Stock

interested. what if we are making more than 500? is there a 'hardcore' version?
Old 12-16-2010, 05:44 AM
Banned

They said it could take up to 750, but recommended 550. By looking at the quality I would venture to say it could probably take more, but if you are putting say 800+ horsepower/tq through it, fatigue will be greater so it won't last forever especially if you are doing hard, sticky launches on the strip. They said the glue they use to bond the shaft to the yoke can hold 30,000 lbs/ sq. inch, and there's about 6 inches length worth of shaft/yoke bondage on a 3 inch shaft-- the math adds up this is a strong shaft and if anything goes it will be the aluminum yokes.

On the inside of the shaft, there are splines to help with adhesion. They have a balance machine, lathe, and a machine for testing torsion values for each shaft too, so each one is tested prior to you getting it to make sure it will hold the values stated. I would run one of these on my setup with no worries.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:31 AM
Tampa Stock

ok my next question is warranty... what if I install it and it breaks in a week..