Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

rod knock continued.

Old 02-11-2010, 03:25 PM
Dirty D.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by specVmatt
Quoted from other thread:

I sware man. as far as over reeving low oil, and all the other cases that usually make a rod knock occure these were not the cases. and ya joe with parts labor head work tranny work body work and bolt on's its damn close to that ball park.. i mean who knows im not blaming anyone and hell maybe we did get a faulty motor. who knows. but as far as the plans know i guess were gonna save up and throw some forged dropins in her. pockets are kinda dry at the moments. and as far as track times go. andy has been with us everytime we have been to the track. we have never had the oppurtunity to ever launch the car due to clutch issues since the night it had gotten tuned and the second time we went the meth wasnt working and on the way out the clutrch pedal stuck to the floor so its just been nothing but a case of bad luck for us.. and i kno were just a couple of 20 year olds behinf the wheel of a car but i know the value of having something and for the people that are like yall beat the shit out of it sometimes yes. but mostly no.. were the dudes you see in the slow lane at 75 just ridin out. and who the hell spends 31000 on a car and doesnt jump on it from time to time..! that what the things was built for. and thats the first that i told bobby b4 the build is we want a nasty ass daily driver that will handle all and everything we throw at it..!

ya man id do. hows it going man..! ya we want to but we pritty much spent out life savings and as far as having to buy a new clutch and all that. ( and all the guys from s and r please dont take offense to this because you kno i think yall are the best and i love the hell outta all of yall). but w shouldnt have to the shit should have been done right the first time and we wouldnt be sitting here right know having this conversation.. can i get an agree'd..???????????????????????????????????

Got those posts out of your last thread. You kind of contradicted yourself. Please don't take this personal, I just don't understand how you could spend that kind of money and get an STI drivetrained WRX.

I understand you did body work and labor costs are still included, but WTF. Could have bought an 04-05 STI for cheap, especially if you found one with a blown motor. Built the motor, the car would have already had the 6-speed, no body work would need done.

I found my 06 STI for ~$20k, I did get a pretty good deal, but imagine how much cheaper I could have found one if I went with an older one. I put roughly $6k in brand new parts in it, and I even had to spend $2k to replace the engine wiring harness. All that still comes out to $3k less than you spent on your WRX.

I may not have had the cams and stuff that you had, but the car made roughly the same power as yours and I had a stock location 30r, with even a smaller hotside turbo.

Please don't take this personal, like the last time you did when you said you and your brother were going to beat me up. But to say you know the value of money makes NO sense when blow an entire sign on check on your car, and then dig out your entire life savings to replace a clutch.
no lol.. i wrote it wrong. i meant we pritty much put a shit ton of money in this thing for it to be right off of the get go. and as far as the clutch thing goes i meant i thought it was kinda crappy that we had to pay for a new disc and labor to installe it when that was the clutch that was recommended and it failed due to much power but its cool.. and i mean when the build was taking place i thought we were getting the hook up from them and all but with the receipts and everything i figure we spent on the base motor and tranny with parts labor ect.. ruffly 22 to 23k with s and r and then 5500 for the rotated kit 1100 for wheels and tires and 1500 to my body guy and another 500 for the new front bumper. plus the extra 700 for the new disc and all the other micalanious things we have had to do as well. but im over getting mad about this shit. whatevers gonna happen will happen and that i we can do. but i told miles im over this performance shit till im older and have a mad bankroll haha.. for now my next whip is a dirty 09 avalanche on 6's ridin dirty.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:30 PM
400hp club, barely

Originally Posted by Dirty D.
no lol.. i wrote it wrong. i meant we pritty much put a shit ton of money in this thing for it to be right off of the get go. and as far as the clutch thing goes i meant i thought it was kinda crappy that we had to pay for a new disc and labor to installe it when that was the clutch that was recommended and it failed due to much power but its cool.. and i mean when the build was taking place i thought we were getting the hook up from them and all but with the receipts and everything i figure we spent on the base motor and tranny with parts labor ect.. ruffly 22 to 23k with s and r and then 5500 for the rotated kit 1100 for wheels and tires and 1500 to my body guy and another 500 for the new front bumper. plus the extra 700 for the new disc and all the other micalanious things we have had to do as well. but im over getting mad about this shit. whatevers gonna happen will happen and that i we can do. but i told miles im over this performance shit till im older and have a mad bankroll haha.. for now my next whip is a dirty 09 avalanche on 6's ridin dirty.
Well good luck with everything.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:30 PM
DudeMan

Thats what you get for not researching yourself and not shopping around... 700 for a disk? wtf thats insane... and 23k for that build? You definitely got ripped off dude. I couldnt imagine what my car would be with 31k into it...

Old 02-11-2010, 03:40 PM
Dirty D.

Originally Posted by blacksti
Thats what you get for not researching yourself and not shopping around... 700 for a disk? wtf thats insane... and 23k for that build? You definitely got ripped off dude. I couldnt imagine what my car would be with 31k into it...
i was just listening to everybody that swore by them. and dont get me wrong i still have heart for the peeps down there. but knowing what i know now. if i would have known it 6 months ago when i knew absolutely nothing about scoobys things would have been a lot different now and that car would have been a hell of a faster whip then what she was.!
Old 02-11-2010, 03:43 PM
400hp club, barely

I suspected something bad when I met Miles and he said he was getting what he thought was called a 42r turbo and he was keeping the stock tranny because its good for well over 500hp.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:44 PM
DudeMan

i was just listening to everybody that swore by them. and dont get me wrong i still have heart for the peeps down there. but knowing what i know now. if i would have known it 6 months ago when i knew absolutely nothing about scoobys things would have been a lot different now and that car would have been a hell of a faster whip then what she was.!

Live and learn, just sucks how much money was lost.

Old 02-11-2010, 03:45 PM
Dirty D.

Originally Posted by blacksti
and the 700 was for the disc and labor to install it. and from what miles says whenthe disc came out it was pritty much a light and dark blue meaning that bitch was spinning the shit out of its self. which boils down to that was the wrong clutch for the job.!
Old 02-11-2010, 03:46 PM
400hp club, barely

I do not think it was "them". S&R does very good work. You should have researched yourself, got the parts that YOU wanted, then had S&R do the work. The motor issue could have happened to anyone. It very well could be S&R's fault, but I wouldn't put the blame on them until you know exactly what happened. It could have easily been the $23k stock motor that came bad from Subaru.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Dirty D.

Originally Posted by specVmatt
I do not think it was "them". S&R does very good work. You should have researched yourself, got the parts that YOU wanted, then had S&R do the work. The motor issue could have happened to anyone. It very well could be S&R's fault, but I wouldn't put the blame on them until you know exactly what happened. It could have easily been the $23k stock motor that came bad from Subaru.
ohh i want to get this out there.. that until i know exactly what happend im not pointing fingers at s and r. i mean from what bobby told us im leaning toward suabru and there bad batch of short blocks. and hey you cant leave out the head work and ppg gear box with the 23k matt..!
Old 02-11-2010, 03:50 PM
DudeMan

ohh i want to get this out there.. that until i know exactly what happend im not pointing fingers at s and r. i mean from what bobby told us im leaning toward suabru and there bad batch of short blocks. and hey you cant leave out the head work and ppg gear box with the 23k matt..!

You know even if they see its something they did you actually think theyre going to blame themselves? You should have taken it to someone else to have it diagnosed....