Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

A Couple Questions??

Old 05-19-2009, 05:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Couple Questions??

Alright so i have had my 04 wrx for maybe 2 weeks now and i have notices between second and third gear when im on the gas hard i get this like surging in the pedal and horrible lag, also i think this is completely unrelated but when im sitting at a light and go to put it into first it sometimes gives me a problem like the clutch isnt engaged.Only mods done to the car is a cat back exhuast and a K&N cone filter.No CEL.Just looking to see if this is normal or maybe something simple i can fix.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:19 AM

mine does the same thing with the clutch sometimes i think most of them do.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:25 AM
MPG FTW!

^^^ Pm'ed about the anal beads...

Manny

Last edited by xxBoost Junkiexx; 06-11-2009 at 06:58 AM.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:05 AM
vroom psshh.

Originally Posted by TPNORTH
Alright so i have had my 04 wrx for maybe 2 weeks now and i have notices between second and third gear when im on the gas hard i get this like surging in the pedal and horrible lag, also i think this is completely unrelated but when im sitting at a light and go to put it into first it sometimes gives me a problem like the clutch isnt engaged.Only mods done to the car is a cat back exhuast and a K&N cone filter.No CEL.Just looking to see if this is normal or maybe something simple i can fix.
What do you mean by surging in the pedal? If you mean the RPMs climb and the car does not move in sync, it's clutch time.

South Bend Clutch - DXD High Performance Clutches

^ These guys sell an OEM clutch with a surface material that grabs like my retarded cousin grabs small animals (VERY hard)
Old 06-11-2009, 07:41 AM
400hp club, barely

Originally Posted by racer_x
What do you mean by surging in the pedal? If you mean the RPMs climb and the car does not move in sync, it's clutch time.

South Bend Clutch - DXD High Performance Clutches

^ These guys sell an OEM clutch with a surface material that grabs like my retarded cousin grabs small animals (VERY hard)

wtf?
Old 06-11-2009, 09:25 AM
vroom psshh.

^haha all I can say is that he loves kittens and small puppies. Incidentally, they hate him.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:29 AM
400hp club, barely

^ Are you secretly the cousin and your trying to relay a message to the Subaru community about yourself that you just may be too embarrassed to come right out and say?

I'm gonna go with that.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:54 AM
vroom psshh.

Originally Posted by specVmatt
^ Are you secretly the cousin and your trying to relay a message to the Subaru community about yourself that you just may be too embarrassed to come right out and say?

I'm gonna go with that.

meh, I give you a B for effort.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:51 PM

Yea, either racer_x is right and you should get a nice new clutch... or by your description maybe you've just got a terrible case of the "Subaru Stutter"... seems to be more of the former than the latter...

What I'd do to diagnose go 50-60 mph and floor it in 5th for a bit... What happens then?