Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

Rear ended, suggestions?

Old 03-20-2009, 05:15 PM
Local WRX wolf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear ended, suggestions?

Hey everyone, I got rear ended by a Saturn today on 60 by a suicide Saturn of all things. The WRX is still running great and there doesn't appear to be operational damage. The bumper is scratched up and bent in pretty bad, the trunk is jammed slightly and there other deformities around the rear that I'm sure would be easy to fix and touch up. No damage to the exhaust or Fuel tank and the only thing that seems to be wrong is the alignment is slightly off because he knocked me into a raised median (the one over right in front of the beach on the East side of Gulf to Bay). The cop ruled in my favor 100% and even gave the Saturn a citation. (I'm fine physically too I think) The saturn however is Tore to hell and back. Totaled. (maybe I should get a vinyl after all this is through of a Saturn logo with a big red X over it on the side of my car like fighter planes? hehe)

My question is this. Where is the best place to get body work done. I'm thinking Mastro. I'd rather have Subaru guys working on this. I know that the guys at the shop at Dayton Andrews Clearwater are OK, but still, I'd rather Mastro. If you think anywhere else is better, let me know please. I will post pictures Tomorrow when there is better lighting.

I really gotta hand it to the WRX, she saved me. The guy hit me at a braking 45 mph. He knocked me into the raised median and I had only about 4-5ft to the oncoming traffic. Thanks to the amazing abilities of the WRX, I was able to keep it in my control. I hit the brakes and stopped inches from being right in front of an oncoming Rig. The brakes worked wonderful and I was able to turn it in the jolt of impact. Also, the Saturn being all F***ed up, and me only having cosmetic damage is amazing. Gawd I love this car!
Old 03-20-2009, 05:25 PM
CHILLING SPREE!!!

I think mastro sends the cars down the road for any bodywork, no?

SnowMan Tuned
Old 03-20-2009, 08:24 PM
I have O.C.D.

take it to Impex Global in drew park,speak with Julio,he is the owner,he is a prefered shop for Progressive,esurance ETC. The guy is awesome and a perfectionist and he does it right.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:09 PM
I love Lamp

yeah town and country is the place mastro takes their cars. That place is sick, I got my suby painted there and it looks minty fresh.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:04 AM
Local WRX wolf

Originally Posted by Jewbu
take it to Impex Global in drew park,speak with Julio,he is the owner,he is a prefered shop for Progressive,esurance ETC. The guy is awesome and a perfectionist and he does it right.
I'll be sure to check him out, thank you!
Old 03-21-2009, 05:05 AM
Local WRX wolf

Originally Posted by fresh&clean
yeah town and country is the place mastro takes their cars. That place is sick, I got my suby painted there and it looks minty fresh.
kewl kewl, I'll be sure to get a quote, thanks
Old 03-22-2009, 06:58 AM
vroom psshh.

OP, make sure that you take it to a place that will warranty their work and has a good reputation... you need the car fully inspected to make sure that there really is no mechanical or frame damage.

You could have a tweaked subframe, the exhaust could have bent, you'll definitely need an alignment, you could have a bent or broken tie rod from going over the median, your rim(s) could be bent, etc.

Nothing against your perceptive abilities at all, just that you want to make sure that somebody very thorough takes care of your car.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:02 AM
I race sailboats

Originally Posted by racer_x
OP, make sure that you take it to a place that will warranty their work and has a good reputation... you need the car fully inspected to make sure that there really is no mechanical or frame damage.

You could have a tweaked subframe, the exhaust could have bent, you'll definitely need an alignment, you could have a bent or broken tie rod from going over the median, your rim(s) could be bent, etc.

Nothing against your perceptive abilities at all, just that you want to make sure that somebody very thorough takes care of your car.

+1 at 45mph I'm almost sure your subframe is a little thrashed.

BLACK FENDER PART OUT
Old 03-22-2009, 09:12 AM
Local WRX wolf

Originally Posted by racer_x

Yeah, I plan to shop around to make sure I get more than one professional opinion as well. Thanks
Old 03-22-2009, 01:05 PM

I've always heard good things about Gene Perez.

------------------------------
-2006 Subaru WRX Limited
-2009 Chevrolet Cobalt SS