Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

GMBCS install help

Old 02-07-2009, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I probably know the map you are going to use since your car is a 06-07wrx. btw what stage 2 map are you running right now?

6 letters spell it, 5 lifters be ticking on it, 4 cams spinning on it, 3in cutout on it, 2 heads flowing on it, 1 turbo creeping on it, SUBARU.
Osecuroms.org Opensource Stage II 2006 wrx 281 downloads and counting
Pm me about Subaru Tuning

Old 02-07-2009, 07:10 PM

a slightly modified map I got from somebody on here wrx_tunr or something like that, alex was his real name... the tune was sorta fucked (lots of overboosting) and I had some people on rom raider help me out with it. Its probably not the best tune but my car runs fine.

The map i was planning on using was bulwinkles, what are your feelings about it? I really want to learn how to tune myself but that program is just so damn complicated.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:22 PM

Yeah bullwinkles map is the one that i though you were going to use. it is an updated version of my old map.

It should be pretty good as long as you have only the mods that are called for in the map.
if you have a cai or any sorta intake other than stock then you definately want to take it easy.

6 letters spell it, 5 lifters be ticking on it, 4 cams spinning on it, 3in cutout on it, 2 heads flowing on it, 1 turbo creeping on it, SUBARU.
Osecuroms.org Opensource Stage II 2006 wrx 281 downloads and counting
Pm me about Subaru Tuning

Old 02-08-2009, 04:33 AM

i removed my snorkus and put in one of those fancy elbows... should that matter? I dont recall the exact mods it calls for but I do plan on taking it easy. but heres my list of mods that I will have when I get a tune (possibly from you if you want):

catted dp mated to stock mid to prodrive axle back
silicone ypipe and/or sti sized TMIC
grimmspeed pnp exhaust manifold
grimmspeed pnp TB
GMBCS
and possibly water/meth injection (depending on price, and if I want to go crazy with power)
Old 02-08-2009, 06:57 AM
vroom psshh.

Originally Posted by bcs925
catted dp mated to stock mid to prodrive axle back
silicone ypipe and/or sti sized TMIC
grimmspeed pnp exhaust manifold
grimmspeed pnp TB
GMBCS
and possibly water/meth injection (depending on price, and if I want to go crazy with power)
Don't waste your time with the TB until you've done your TGVs, you have a higher flowing turbo, and above all you've gotten rid of your cats! Just the exhaust will make a huge difference when tuned... and you don't have to go "crazy" with power on water meth; you're going to reach the maximum of that turbo's efficiency range sooner than you may realize...

I would look into doing a vf39 or 43 swap instead of the TB & header, catless exhaust (check nasioc for good deals), water/meth, and TGV delete/phenolic spacers.

If you wind up getting sick of that, you've got a lot more you can squeeze out (just ask Joe).
Old 02-08-2009, 07:03 AM

theres just one cat... its "high flowing" I would think my stock midpipe is killing me the most. I bought a piece off somebody here but its too long (so if anyone cuts and welds cheap lmk..) I was going to buy Chucks VF-39 but i think he traded it in with his car... so I dunno, the mod bug has been biting lately and grimmspeed pnp stuff seems cheap, faster, reliable, etc.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:10 AM
vroom psshh.

don't get me wrong, grimmspeed is great -- it's just that you're not pushing enough air through the car to take full advantage of that TB or the headers.

That being said, sell the high flow cat (they go for a pretty penny), and use the money to source a DP. As for the midpipe that you have, I have a professional welder and good friend here who can do that for you on the cheap.

Since I'm on exit 210 on I-75 (a slight drive), I'll make it worth it for ya by doing your headlights on the cheap, too
Old 02-08-2009, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by racer_x
don't get me wrong, grimmspeed is great -- it's just that you're not pushing enough air through the car to take full advantage of that TB or the headers.
Well when I eventually get a bigger turbo (either a VF39/43 for cheap or just do it right and get a 20g one day when I have money) I will already have great supporting mods
Old 02-09-2009, 03:58 AM
TR Shop Mod

Snorkus removal only? Wont affect your AFR's.