Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

AccessPORT, What do you guys think??

Old 10-20-2008, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AccessPORT, What do you guys think??

Did a search here on TR and not much info. Are any of you guys using the AccessPORT? If so, is there really a noticeable increase in power? (stage 1) Or am I better off just spending the money on gauges and a new aftermarket stereo. Thought I would ask the guys here in the same town on what you think about it before I go and order one for $700.00. I'm not a tuner, I don't own a laptop, so the Accessport is really my only option at this time. I plan on doing just a stage 1 right now. Later on picking up a downpipe and that will be it as for upgrades, maybe a larger TMIC. At the moment I have a Espelir cat back exhaust and a Cobb intake w/box. Any info you can provide would be great.
Thanks....
Old 10-20-2008, 01:08 PM

What year is your car? Stage 1 for 02-05 WRX's and any year STI's its definately worth it from what I hear. (over having just stock) However if you have 06-07 and on regular WRX its kind of a waste. (I had one). As far as 08-09, dont know much about those.

As far as not having a laptop or being a "tuner" plenty of people on here, myself included will let you use their cable/laptop to flash a stage one. It will be the same or possibly better than an AP flash. You cant really mess up a stage 1 or stage 2 (well you can mess it up but thats another story... hehe) if you have any kind of common sense.

Also from personal expierence my AP would only turn on when it felt like it, would freeze if i tried to use the "built in gauges", etc, etc. Wasnt worth the money to say the least. So ask around, make some friend, save 700 dollars.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:14 PM
yeah, I drive a miata

there are quite a few tuners that come around the area. Snowman is the most popular in the Tampa area, and he actually has a slot open this Saturday for a tune.
October Tuning Dates - Page 2 - Florida Subarus

If he is busy and you can't get in with him, Scott Siegel was at S&R performance last week and I believe is coming back for one or two days this week as well. You can call them at 813-961-0609 to check that.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:17 PM

I have an APII and it is the best mod I have on my car. I love the versatility of the maps and am totally happy with it.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:23 PM

geez snowman keeps increasing his prices... (not saying his tunes arent worth it, heard many many good things). Perhaps I'll have him tune my car once I get Chuck's VF39 and meth will be on its way soon

HOORAY for opensource
Old 10-20-2008, 01:26 PM

Thats for all the replies guys..... I have a 07 STi. (If that matters.) Whats does the average tune run? What I liked about the AP was I can go to stage 2 without paying for another tune.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:27 PM
yeah, I drive a miata

ive actually heard COBBs map on the 07 STI isnt good over a long period of time. I don't remember what it was, or if they released an update to fix it or not.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:34 PM

we run a AP on our 505whp STI. Its sick, we have 3 different maps on it.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:38 PM
Shaggin' Wagon IV

I love my AP on the Shaggin Wagon. Don't even bother with stage I, just pick up a used downpipe for about $100-200 (depending on model) and go right to stage II. Huge difference in power with just the OTS map. Get a Protune and things only get better.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by LDadrenaline
ive actually heard COBBs map on the 07 STI isnt good over a long period of time. I don't remember what it was, or if they released an update to fix it or not.

Hmmm, I guess I better do a little research on this.