Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

Anyone running Prodrive springs?

Old 09-29-2008, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone running Prodrive springs?

I've got an 03' WRX w/ 107k on the stock suspension and it's getting a little tired. I just bought some Prodrive blue springs (20mm drop w/ spring rates that are compatible with stock struts) and I am on the fence for what struts to order. I was thinking about buying KYB GR2 because they're a little stiffer than stock but the same specs. but the KYB AGX caught my eye since they're adjustable. The car is a dd and I put a ton of miles on it. Any autocross needs are taken care of w/ another car so it will be basically 100% street driving. Does anyone have any input of what I should run, preferably people that currently run them? I'm on a college budget but willing to spend money if it's going to be a worthwhile upgrade.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:42 PM
yeah, I drive a miata

I have used COBB and prodrive. I personally preferred the prodrives. they actually drop a little less than the COBBs, so less stress on the struts. They had a nice ride on the street, and definitely reduced roll as much as (if not more than) the COBBs.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by LDadrenaline
I have used COBB and prodrive. I personally preferred the prodrives. they actually drop a little less than the COBBs, so less stress on the struts. They had a nice ride on the street, and definitely reduced roll as much as (if not more than) the COBBs.
Thanks for the quick response.

I want minimal drop and maximum street performance. I want it to ride stiffer than stock but not THAT much stiffer. I think I'm going to run the GR2 struts and call it a day. Eventually I'm going to go w/ a 22mm RSB and leave it at that.