Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

What happened to the Top Speed Post???

Old 08-28-2008, 04:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What happened to the Top Speed Post???

With all the Gadiel posts up on here doesn't it seem unfair to take a Top Speed post down? This is the first time they have posted up like this. I would have let it slide myself.

Top Speed is a great company. If you would like to be tuned by them. Please call Scott Siegel at:

Phone: 678-297-7770
Toll free: 866-94-SPEED

http://www.topspeedsales.com/(jzxk0o...)/default.aspx

Last edited by platinm; 08-28-2008 at 04:54 AM.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:54 AM
infraction king

the Gadiel posts are not posted by Gadiel, they are posted by Joe. same as when SS used to come, we would start the threads to gain interest. we dont allow the companies to use the forums to generate business. if TopSpeed didnt start the thread, it would have been fine.

98 E36 ///M3 Sedan
07 Civic Si Sedan
Old 08-28-2008, 05:19 AM
TR Shop Mod

Is it okay to start the TopSpeed Tampa Tuning Thread here? It will most likely be Doug coming down, so he can roll 4-5 cars per day and be down there 3-4 days.

Siegel
www.forgedperformance.com
770-792-0202

Siegel Racing
404-388-8751
www.siegelracing.com
Driver / Engineer / Tuner / Instructor
Old 08-28-2008, 05:21 AM

the Gadiel posts are not posted by Gadiel, they are posted by Joe. same as when SS used to come, we would start the threads to gain interest. we dont allow the companies to use the forums to generate business. if TopSpeed didnt start the thread, it would have been fine.
I thought that at first to, but they have never done this to my recollection. That's why I said I would have let it go this time. If it would have gone on and on I would have said something at that point. I remember how this used to work. No matter what is said, there are certain people on here that act as "agents" for their tuners. I used to do this myself. Let's see if we can throw some business their way.

This is a friendly post.

-Jeff
Old 08-28-2008, 05:33 AM

I see that everyone gave Siegel and Doug their props in the post named "What tuners in the area tune ECUTek??"

I might have jumped the gun here. Maybe I was out of line. All I wanted to do is make sure some very good tuners got the word out.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:29 AM
infraction king

Originally Posted by platinm
I thought that at first to, but they have never done this to my recollection. That's why I said I would have let it go this time. If it would have gone on and on I would have said something at that point. I remember how this used to work. No matter what is said, there are certain people on here that act as "agents" for their tuners. I used to do this myself. Let's see if we can throw some business their way.

This is a friendly post.

-Jeff
it falls back to if we let one company slide once, we have to let them all slide once. we have to be consistant with the rules.

we can provide TopSpeed its own TR Shop Forum free of charge to where the can go in and post thier own threads and specials they are running.

98 E36 ///M3 Sedan
07 Civic Si Sedan
Old 08-28-2008, 07:36 AM

it falls back to if we let one company slide once, we have to let them all slide once. we have to be consistant with the rules.

we can provide TopSpeed its own TR Shop Forum free of charge to where the can go in and post thier own threads and specials they are running.
Cool. Thanks for checking into this James. It's been a while since I've talked to you. My wife and i need to plan a trip down there soon and we can look you up. Have a good one.

-Jeff
Old 08-28-2008, 08:45 AM
I'm Slow

I pmd the topspeed name and advised them to start a shop forum. It's the rules nothing personal. I told them to pm an admin to set one up. I have always referred people to Topspeed for Ecutek tuning.

550/550
Old 08-28-2008, 10:40 AM
infraction king

Originally Posted by platinm
Cool. Thanks for checking into this James. It's been a while since I've talked to you. My wife and i need to plan a trip down there soon and we can look you up. Have a good one.

-Jeff
sounds like a plan going to bring the STi ?

98 E36 ///M3 Sedan
07 Civic Si Sedan
Old 08-28-2008, 11:54 AM

sounds like a plan going to bring the STi ?
Never...It's a garage queen now. I'm such a pussy with it. I picked-up a Caliber SRT-4 up here for a DD. It's nice to live up here and know everyone with a discount.