Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

I want a Subaru too!

Old 01-11-2008, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want a Subaru too!

The Forester pretty much blew me away this week on a trip to NC to look for a house to rent. I've never driven a car in my nearly 30 years of driving that can do what this car can do. It does everything! It can travel all day at triple digit speeds on the highway. It's comfortable. It handled the shitty pavement on I95 through Georgia. It was supple, but firm. I found the ride excellent for a small car, the best I've ever driven in. It flat out hauls ass! I'd say it's as fast as my stock 93 Cobra, maybe faster. What a sleeper this car is. It's fast enough that people have that WTF is in that thing look on their face as you blow them away!

The handling is just as impressive. If any of you have never been on SR64 going Highlands to Cashiers in NC, you should. It's as twistie a road as you will ever find. I got stuck behind a Ferrari F355 Berlinetta F1 down this road. The Ferrari could not shake the Subaru! Sure, when there was a straight he would pull, but not as much as I thought. As soon as the 10-30 mile an hour curves appeared, all this guy could see in his rear view was the hoodscoop! He turned off with his lady at the first store along the road. The only thing holding this car back handling wise are the stock tires. Sliding the car was a blast on some of the wet parts of the road. I love how when you think you're going to drift, the front pulls you back into your line.

The off road performance was amazing, also. It climbs, fords small streams, goes through 4 inches of mud with no problem. The last couple of pics that I posted are of our new house that we are renting. It has 2 water crossings to get to the house and is a few miles long. A perfect driveway for a Subaru.

I'm a believer, I can see why Subaru has a cult following. Would it be wrong to have the same kind of car as your wife?

Hey Mastro, You want to make me a deal on the Forester XT on the showroom floor?

93 Saleen Spyder #53 H/C Novi 2000
05 Rubicon Lifted, ect
13 BMW S1000RR, 10 R1200GSA
14 Honda Grom
12 KTM690 Enduro R
Too many old bikes and mini bikes to list.

Last edited by pjb03; 01-11-2008 at 08:12 AM.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:00 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

wow nice pics.. yeah for the kind of area your posting about and in the pics..i wouldnt do anything but a Forester. Now if only Subaru would make a minivan I could be an "All We'll Drive" family again
Old 01-16-2008, 04:32 PM
The Beauty of AWD

damn nice house! lol
Old 01-16-2008, 06:26 PM

Those are some great pictures! I just got back from Tennessee and those roads are a blast.