Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

STI is new flagship

Old 12-28-2007, 06:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STI is new flagship

i went by pricing at SOA and base price of a sti is 34995 which i would say makes it there flagship since Leggy Spec B is 32995 and tribeca's are like 31.

idk about 35K i mean 5000 dollar increase in 4 years with only a different suspension to show for it seems wak and no true speed upgrades. I personally think there should be a less class(ie interior rims etc) version like mitsu's evo rs. So ppl who dont want wrx's pos 5spd can alt for a STI (rs). Also you cant say there is a rs version because our Spec-C Ra-r (spec araararaaraar C) is more expensive than a regular STI.

sry for the rant i just wish theyd be more afordable for the less fortunate driver friendly people (ie ME) lol

One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure. (srqsti)

Working on the 3000GT VR4 in working order kinda...
Old 12-28-2007, 08:29 AM
MPG FTW!

I think the reason for this is so not everyone and their retarted cousins will own one. It IS a limited production vehicle. You gotta pay to play.

Manny
Old 12-28-2007, 09:34 AM
mech engineer

true manny. true.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:13 AM
yeah, I drive a miata

also inflation.... government tries to set inflation at about 3% every year. A combination of that and the fact that subarus are MUCH more popular has caused the price change. If the buyer is willing to pay more, the seller is willing to oblige. Economics 101.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:22 AM
Just for decoration

Ill take a Spec-B over it anyway.

R.I.P. Brian Nichols 02/07/1989-11/24/2008
Old 12-28-2007, 03:18 PM

no they need to make a WRX TR a true tuner ready car... i.e. still have all the downgrades (seats, cd player, lack of side skirts, etc) and have a tranny that can handling "tuning"... cough STI 6spd cough... (ha what a concept based on the name and all) because stuff like the seats and cd player if you are into modding cars you will switch that stuff, along with the turbo and exhaust changes everyone does too. That would probably place it more in the 28k region

(and hell make it a wide body sedan... hehe... now I'm just describing the car I want)
Old 12-28-2007, 03:56 PM
MPG FTW!

You know, I'm sick of people bashing the 5MT. DRIVER ERROR is the cause of the majority of the failed trannys. Honestly, making a tuner version of the WRX with the six speed would be the dumbest thing subaru could do. Nobody would buy the top of the line STi.

Manny
Old 12-28-2007, 04:06 PM

Well then there are a lot of bad wrx drivers I guess.... just all the horror stories you read make a lot of people scared to heavily mod. I was just agreeing with the others saying there should be some sort of in between roughly in the 28k and suggesting something that would about put it there...
Old 12-28-2007, 06:14 PM

Furthermore yes people would pay the extra money for a Sti so they could have all the power and luxury straight from the factory (upgraded interior, turbo, intercooler, suspension, etc) then as I said make the WRX TR a widebody sedan therefore the sti would be a whole different body style. And how would this be bad for Subaru, the cost difference for them between all the downgrades and the one upgrade (the tranny, whether it be the sti 6spd or just a beefed up 5spd... or two upgrades if you count fenders) is still in their favor so its not like I mentioned something ridiculously unrealistic.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:04 PM
yeah, I drive a miata

you think people would keep buying STIs, but i assure you the sales would drop like a rock. Sure, a few people would still buy them for warranty but probably at least 50% of STI buyers are buying the 6spd.

And it really isn't all driver error. Maybe on the pre-06 boxes that were blowing 2nd due to hard launches, but the ones on the 06s are blwong third gear from hard shifting, lots of shifting, and most of all just arent able to hold the power. It pisses me off that my box went before 20k miles, but I have double the power the box was meant for (2.5i at 165hp), and I track the car. Of course I wish they would make the box better, but from a companies standpoint it is illogical to sell the wrx with the 6spd.

Take for example Porsche. The boxster handles better than the 911. The 911 is the flagship and has a bigger engine. They make the cayman which is supposed to handle like a boxster and have the power of the 911. Oh shit, its waaaay faster than the 911, lets take out some power. Shit, still faster, lets take out the limited slip. Ha, finally slower. Still quicker than the boxster, but the 911 remains the flagship.