Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

Mastro and Suby bucks...

Old 10-31-2007, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mastro and Suby bucks...

So I just go a Subaru CC and I was wondering if Mastro takes them for performance parts (including non subaru stuff... prodrive, whiteline, aps, cobb, etc) and/or could I use them for oil changes??

Second question, if they take suby bucks, do they take them if they have somebody else's name on them. I see all the time on NASIOC that people sell their unwanted ones, just wondering.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:25 PM
yeah, I drive a miata

dont know if they sell them, i know SubaruParts.com- Large selection of subaru parts, Impreza Parts, Outback Parts, Forester Parts, Tribeca Parts, discount parts, reconditioned parts, remanufactured parts, Subaru Accessories, shipping parts, OEM parts, factory parts, Factory OEM, OEM, does
Old 10-31-2007, 02:44 PM
MPG FTW!

Originally Posted by bcs925
So I just go a Subaru CC and I was wondering if Mastro takes them for performance parts (including non subaru stuff... prodrive, whiteline, aps, cobb, etc) and/or could I use them for oil changes??

Second question, if they take suby bucks, do they take them if they have somebody else's name on them. I see all the time on NASIOC that people sell their unwanted ones, just wondering.
Yes we would take them, but it's tricky for the performance stuff. You would have to come in for service and we could charge the parts on a repair order. Im not sure with ones with different people's names, that has never come up. I will find out for you tomorrow.

Manny
Old 11-01-2007, 08:12 AM
Comprehensive

FWIW: I've been told outright before by Wil (Opie) that bucks without YOUR name will not be taken.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:47 AM
CHILLING SPREE!!!

wow...

SnowMan Tuned
Old 11-01-2007, 09:59 AM

For the ones with different name on them, not big deal. I really hope they do take them for performance parts though... ohwell well worst comes to worse I'll get a few oil changes or something.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:12 PM
The Beauty of AWD

Originally Posted by xxBoost Junkiexx
Yes we would take them, but it's tricky for the performance stuff. You would have to come in for service and we could charge the parts on a repair order. Im not sure with ones with different people's names, that has never come up. I will find out for you tomorrow.

Manny

wow- its a good thing you are an educated employee. When I worked there I about wanted to kill myself everytime someone walked in trying to use those damn things. Fuckin subby bucs.... lol
Old 11-05-2007, 04:59 PM
Fire

Originally Posted by xxBoost Junkiexx
Im not sure with ones with different people's names, that has never come up.
It has and they won't take them. As for the oil changes you have to use the entire coupon. You can't use $30 a visit on a $100 coupon. Use it or loose it.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:04 PM
MPG FTW!

True on not getting change, if it was like that, people would come in and get something cheap and keep the change.

Manny
Old 11-05-2007, 05:41 PM

The facts are Subaru bucks can only be used for the name and person on the subaru buck.They can only be used on parts with a Subaru part numer or service(all subaru part numbers).On the Subaru buck it has the last 8 of the vin number so it has to match the repair order.The only things that may be purchased that don't have a Subaru part numer is Tires.....NEXT QUESTION!!!!