Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

To turbo-charge, or not to turbo-charge... that is the question.

Old 04-23-2007, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To turbo-charge, or not to turbo-charge... that is the question.

okay, so jdmgeorge is selling a stock 04 wrx turbo with no shaft play for 150 bucks.

i'm already planning on having an exhaust fabbed, so i may as well have a turbo-back made.

i'm assuming that an SAFC2 wouldn't be sufficient EM, simply because things are never that easy.
Snowman, what would you suggest?

I know a good deal when i see one and even if it sits in the garage for the next 6 months, its still worth it and much more reliable than running nitrous.

what do you guys think? i'm just need someone to bounce this off of and get some advice because my girlfriend refuses to listen to anything that has to do with subaru's anymore lol
Old 04-23-2007, 06:14 PM
Am I OG Yet ?

I have a WRX Tmic, Short ram I will make you a killer deal on.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:27 PM

the safc would control the fuel, you would need a boost controller to control boost (you could probably do a manual boost controller not the most idea but would do the trick)
You would need something to control the timing.

In my opinion i would do the nos. much cheaper and there seems to be alot of problems with force induction on a car not originally designed for boost.

just my .02

6 letters spell it, 5 lifters be ticking on it, 4 cams spinning on it, 3in cutout on it, 2 heads flowing on it, 1 turbo creeping on it, SUBARU.
Osecuroms.org Opensource Stage II 2006 wrx 281 downloads and counting
Pm me about Subaru Tuning

Old 04-24-2007, 04:10 AM

<sigh>

and see i have an up and downpipes for an 02-03 wrx already that might be able to be used if the crossmember is notched correctly. so i figure i'm almost half way there with the exhaust, safc, and turbo.

well unless snowman comes on here and tells me he'll be able to tune my stock ecu and someone else like 813 sti there comes along with some parts to make this work cheaply, i think i'm going to stick with the nitrous for now

thanks for the advice