Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

S&R Poker Run route review

Old 01-14-2007, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S&R Poker Run route review

Ran the poker run route today... If you have seen the thread or been by S&R to check out the map of the course you know what it looks like on paper, not pavement. If those sheets of paper could talk they would say "do you have the balls?" basically the course will challenge you and the car regardless of what you drive.

After you bomb through all of our good local twistes the fun factor increases 10 fold, get ready for: corners with elevation changes, banked corners into blind 90's huge sweepers and finally the room to run flat out for several miles before getting all over the brakes for the next set.

The traffic on the route is populated by locals and knee draggers who are out for the same thing. If you are on the fence about this event I would give the first two to three stops a shot. If you did not enjoy it only a few things could be possible:

1. You are dead
2. Roads with curves scare you
3. You ran over a local or hit a tree.

But... If you are definately going I strongly reccomend a pre run unless turning around 3-4 times even with a navigator who by the way has run this route before is fun to you.

This event gets two thumbs up from me.

Last edited by dsm02c; 01-14-2007 at 02:12 PM.