Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

exhaust law question

Old 01-06-2007, 11:58 AM
DudeMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust law question

i was at the skatepark lastngiht and cops came because people were sneeaking in. if youre over 18 you dont need to wear a helmet so they didnt belive i was 18 so they kicked me out so iwas being a dick for getting kicked out. as soon as i pull out of the parkinglot they puull me over trying to say my tint is too dark, they check it and its legal.. he waits for awhile trying to find somehting to give me aticket for. they he pulls so bs saying you cant have aftermarket exhaust that it has to be stock.. which is bs you have a decibel limit i already double checked the laws on it som im gonna fight that crap... has anyone else heard of cops trying to say you have to have stock exhaust?

Old 01-06-2007, 12:04 PM
pwns.

Technically...

FS 316.293

(5) NOISE ABATEMENT EQUIPMENT MODIFICATIONS.--

(a) No person shall modify the exhaust system of a motor vehicle or any other noise-abatement device of a motor vehicle operated or to be operated upon the highways of this state in such a manner that the noise emitted by the motor vehicle is above that emitted by the vehicle as originally manufactured.

(b) No person shall operate a motor vehicle upon the highways of the state with an exhaust system or noise-abatement device so modified.

(6) EXEMPT VEHICLES.--The following are exempt from the operation of this act:

(a) Emergency vehicles operating as specified in s. 316.072(5)(a).

(b) Any motor vehicle engaged in a professional or amateur sanctioned, competitive sports event for which admission or entry fee is charged, or practice or time trials for such event.

(c) Any motor vehicle engaged in a manufacturer's engineering, design, or equipment test.

(d) Construction or agricultural equipment either on a job site or traveling on the highways.

(7) VIOLATIONS.--A violation of this section is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a nonmoving violation as provided in chapter 318.

Might want to look up your statutes before calling BS
Old 01-06-2007, 12:10 PM
Just for decoration

Its illegal to alter the exhaust, its just something you have to put up with.

R.I.P. Brian Nichols 02/07/1989-11/24/2008
Old 01-06-2007, 12:20 PM

Yep.. anything other than stock on your vehicle is illegal!! Woohoo!!!
Old 01-06-2007, 02:24 PM
DudeMan

when i checked it said there was a decibel limit in certain areas... so if i take my stock tip and fabricate it to my hks and say i wrapped it in carbon fiber for looks can i say thats stock?

Old 01-06-2007, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by JonWRX
Its illegal to alter the exhaust, its just something you have to put up with.
+1

"Light travels faster than stupidity. This is why some people appear to be smart until they open their mouths."
Old 01-06-2007, 04:50 PM
oh WTF

say it is stock then have him call bs then take it to court an put ur stocker back on when u go to court an have the judge look at it...
Orderd Sept. 29th, Built Nov. 8th, Delivered Nov 18th!!!
Old 01-06-2007, 05:00 PM
who stole my intercooler?

lemme see if i got this straight, you got kicked outta the skatepark cause the cops thought you were under 18, you couldn't prove you were over 18, you were a dick to cops, cops pulled you over & wrote you a ticket? you ever think that maybe if you weren't a dick to the cops they wouldn't have pulled you over?
Old 01-06-2007, 06:15 PM
Gravel fiend

Originally Posted by mofugga
lemme see if i got this straight, you got kicked outta the skatepark cause the cops thought you were under 18, you couldn't prove you were over 18, you were a dick to cops, cops pulled you over & wrote you a ticket? you ever think that maybe if you weren't a dick to the cops they wouldn't have pulled you over?
Actually, I think the real question is... If he couldn't prove he was over 18, why didn't he get punished for driving without a license? I mean, driver's license has age on it, right?

Yeah, and, don't be a dick, be a dude.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:10 PM
10 graphix= 500hp

You could say it is a replacement also it says alter your exhaust if u change whole exhaust ur technically not modding it.