Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

Exhaust Question

Old 08-08-2006, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Question

I bought an 03' and it came w/ what looks like a 3 inch tbe to a HKS Hi-Power muffler w/ a huge tip. It is too big and loud for my taste, so I was wondering if I could bolt on the stock muffler temporarily until I get a new muffler. This leads me to my next question. I have the entire stock tbe and the Hi-Power. I want to get a new muffler like a borla hush or maybe a twin tip style that is louder than stock but not Hi-Power loud. Does anyone know of any used cat-backs that fit that criteria? Also, could I bolt on an STI cat-back or would it be too restrictive w/ a 3 inch tbe?
Old 08-08-2006, 04:53 PM
KAX

you can bolt on your stock, STi, Cobb twin tip, borla hush, whatever catback you wish. Is your downpipe the HKS as well? If so, you should look into a divorced or bellmouth downpipe, or just go external wastegate (probably cheaper then a new downpipe). But for the catback, you can put on whatever you like, as long as its a USDM size catback you wont have any problems.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:05 PM

Will I suffer any performance loss if I go to an STI muffler? Thanks for the help btw.