Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

Might be buying a Bugeye

Old 08-01-2006, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Might be buying a Bugeye

I might be pulling the plug on an 02' WRX w/ 57k, original owner, all records, garage kept, bone stock and clean carfax. He wants 10.4k for it, which I thought was a little low but it looks like it's a good deal. I am going to look at it this weekend and if everything checks out, I'll be picking it up. Here's the question. Should I be apprehensive about buying it? I am a little leary of such a low price, but it looks like a good deal. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:26 PM

I asked him what his age was but haven't he hasn't got back to me yet. I ran a carfax and it came back clean, so it looks like I'm going to take plunge assuming that the car runs/drives good. He's seeling it because he moved from Orlando to Texas and bought a house and has to get rid of hte car.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:44 PM

have you seen the car in person and the owner himself. They could say its stock now, but most people bring it back to stock before they sell it but for it being an 02 and 57k miles sounds like a good deal though if everything is good .

6 letters spell it, 5 lifters be ticking on it, 4 cams spinning on it, 3in cutout on it, 2 heads flowing on it, 1 turbo creeping on it, SUBARU.
Osecuroms.org Opensource Stage II 2006 wrx 281 downloads and counting
Pm me about Subaru Tuning

Old 08-01-2006, 05:44 PM
DJC
Get Some...

Just start her up and be on the look/hear out for anything out of the ordinary. I don't know if you've ever examined a WRX, but they all seem to have a rough idle, so that won't be too weird. I had an 05 WRX so, i'm sure the guys with the bugeyes on here will be able to give you a better description of what to look for. Good luck, and shop smart.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:33 PM
I'm Slow

If you want to make sure it was stock then check for all the stock heatshield around the downpipe and turbo. Most people destroy the heatshield around the DP and can't get it back on.

Other than that, just drive it and make sure she feels good. Might want to take a WRX owner with you to check it out also.

550/550
Old 08-01-2006, 06:34 PM
I use a Mad scientist

tranny, gear #2, ac, body i bought mine for 16k about 8 mo. ago and it had 45k so be careful seems low....sure the title is clean.....g/l i love bugeyes...
-justin
Old 08-01-2006, 06:51 PM
Down South Supplier

thats extremely low, wow

Originally Posted by blacksti
stop trying to be cool telling people you kicked me out of your tree house lmao dude fs is gay get over it
Originally Posted by antibling
bob you are just way too cool
Old 08-01-2006, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by FastRaft WRX
thats extremely low, wow
I know, that's why I was suprised.

I have not made any commitments on it and I am definetely going to have a shop or dealership check it out first as well as drive it. Thanks for all of the replies.