Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

need help please

Old 07-31-2006, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help please

i was driving this morning and my oil light and check engine light came up for like 5 seconds and it felt like my my car stuttered quickly and then everything went off. then i was driving to westchase speed limit and they both popped on again and but this time it felt like EVERYTHING was off but my car was still moving. my brakes worked barely and my clutch wasnt working and my steering wheel locked up. pretty scary. i checked my oil and i am running a little low but not empty and was wonderin if anyone ever had this happen and any suggestion of what it is??
i have a turboback exhaust and just got my hks bov on like week ago.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:47 AM
Down South Supplier

my car did something like that with a nasty vaccum leak, i pulled over and noticed that my throttle body hose was loose. Like yours, EVERYTHING on mine was off too

Originally Posted by blacksti
stop trying to be cool telling people you kicked me out of your tree house lmao dude fs is gay get over it
Originally Posted by antibling
bob you are just way too cool
Old 07-31-2006, 10:02 AM

it almost sounds like a belt may have came off but I would not think that to happen with a new car. I would do like Fast said and check the vaccum lines.

6 letters spell it, 5 lifters be ticking on it, 4 cams spinning on it, 3in cutout on it, 2 heads flowing on it, 1 turbo creeping on it, SUBARU.
Osecuroms.org Opensource Stage II 2006 wrx 281 downloads and counting
Pm me about Subaru Tuning

Old 07-31-2006, 10:27 AM
Just for decoration

How low is your oil exactly? Did you plug your recirc hose when you installed your bov? check your vac lines, Y pipe and throttle body hose.

R.I.P. Brian Nichols 02/07/1989-11/24/2008
Old 07-31-2006, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by JonWRX
How low is your oil exactly? Did you plug your recirc hose when you installed your bov? check your vac lines, Y pipe and throttle body hose.
ok thx bro
Old 07-31-2006, 03:06 PM
KAX

you just stalled the car. like they said, check places for a leak in the intake.

otherwise, hows your battery and alternator?
Old 07-31-2006, 03:14 PM
Secret Squirrel

if the light cel came on then it still should have the code. go get it scanned.

also if the oil light came on that means low oil pressure. it could possibly be the sensor, but you NEED to take it to the dealer to be safe. if the car is cutting off it is dangerous. for you, your car, and others so don't drive it and take it to the dealer. which does go against getting the code pulled.

Last edited by fat angel; 07-31-2006 at 03:19 PM.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:05 AM

you figure out that problem yet?

6 letters spell it, 5 lifters be ticking on it, 4 cams spinning on it, 3in cutout on it, 2 heads flowing on it, 1 turbo creeping on it, SUBARU.
Osecuroms.org Opensource Stage II 2006 wrx 281 downloads and counting
Pm me about Subaru Tuning

Old 08-01-2006, 09:28 AM
I'm Slow

take it to the dealer

550/550
Old 08-01-2006, 09:14 PM

thanks for the words guys. actually i didnt exactly find the problem. mastro did a oil change and tested for any problems and checked up on it. i was havin a wastegate code come up (i already knew that when i got my invidia v2 catless downpipe from the first day i put it on) and they said i was overboostin. on the way home i thought everythin should be ok but the car goes out again but this time it seemed like my brakes worked very very very little. so then i pull over. Later i thought to myself what the problem or what was causing the problem. I figured it was the hks bov and somethin about it cause i never had this kind of problem before it and i just installed it less than a week ago.also i checked for any leaks and didnt see any? anyways i uninstalled it and ive given a test run all day and no signs of "stallin" or the subie givin out.GOOD NEWS!

Last edited by scoobywrx2; 08-01-2006 at 09:16 PM.