Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

just installed hks bov and debadged trunk

Old 07-24-2006, 06:51 AM
spooled@12mph

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stock bpv is best. I held over 19psi with it by just crushing the top with a hammer. It's difficult to tell if you have a bov leak w/o logs. Even if you reach target boost it could still be leaking.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by stiscooby
i think for wrx's you need to find something that can hold less boost. what i mean is that if you get like a hks ssqv or greddy type rs, you should be pushing higher boost levels for them to be really efficient. Which means, you should get a tune and it might work out pretty well. If you get a tune by SS, he will laugh at you and tell you to keep the stock recirc-valve b/c that is the most efficient. He did that to me haha, but i resisted. i have the hks in my sti and it works great. the worx bovs seem pretty cool. In java's car, he wanted his to be quiet. he would rather hear the wastegate than his bov. I think it would sound sick if he had both noises come out.
yea i heard the same from everyone lol. it is hard to resist having a turbo car and not have a bov when u can take advantage and have it while all the nonturbo cars cant also i think that my hks bov may sound different because when i bought it it had a purple insert (heard its like $30 more and makes it sound different.) i heard racing zone has them and i think im going to see if they have a stock insert or something different.
also any suggestions on how the perrin sounds? and how does the worx sound.. more like a sneeze or a loud pitch eagle sound?
Old 07-24-2006, 03:04 PM
I'm Slow

I have a HKS SSQV adjustable, I would sell for the right price. Curreently not on the car

550/550