Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

who uses ECUexplorer?

Old 06-18-2006, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question who uses ECUexplorer?

I was wondering who uses it.

And also what cable you need to make it connect the Ecu and computer?

I know you need a OBDII to usb or serial port cable but which one and where is the cheapest place to buy one?

Last question has anyone tried to use OpenEcu?

6 letters spell it, 5 lifters be ticking on it, 4 cams spinning on it, 3in cutout on it, 2 heads flowing on it, 1 turbo creeping on it, SUBARU.
Osecuroms.org Opensource Stage II 2006 wrx 281 downloads and counting
Pm me about Subaru Tuning

Old 06-18-2006, 04:37 PM

Ive been using EcuExplorer for like 6 months now. Really neat program for being free and all. I have the Tactrix cable, which can be bought here. It seems to be the cable that most everyone uses. Some have tried the one that comes with the Cobb AP, but last time I checked there were some problems popping up with it. Ive logged from the ECU and written to the ECU with mine (had to take care of the ol/cl problems on the 04-05s). Never had any problems with the software or the cable. It gives me some peace of mind that I can run logs every once in awhile and make sure the car is in top shape. Definetly recommend it if you can afford the $80 for the cable.
Old 06-18-2006, 06:45 PM

It there anyway that running logs could cause damage to the ecu?

Could this cause any warrenty issues?

I only plan on loging the car to see what is going on with it. And also for any mods that i may put on it so i can see what is changing is going on with it. I have no intention of trying to refash the ecu or any modifying of the stock map.

6 letters spell it, 5 lifters be ticking on it, 4 cams spinning on it, 3in cutout on it, 2 heads flowing on it, 1 turbo creeping on it, SUBARU.
Osecuroms.org Opensource Stage II 2006 wrx 281 downloads and counting
Pm me about Subaru Tuning

Old 06-19-2006, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by 3gsucks
It there anyway that running logs could cause damage to the ecu?

Could this cause any warrenty issues?

I only plan on loging the car to see what is going on with it. And also for any mods that i may put on it so i can see what is changing is going on with it. I have no intention of trying to refash the ecu or any modifying of the stock map.
There is no danger from logging that I know of, no. You simply plug into the diag port under the steering wheel and go.