Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

reeves>mastro

Old 06-06-2006, 08:31 AM
oh WTF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reeves>mastro

been in here once or twice haven't really posted but had a big ordeal with mastro being a buncha liars an me not getting a car from there... some may know i was suppose to get a sub last week, well mastro screwed me over yada yada... anyone else have a bad time dealing with them? i heard they were suppose to be great so i went to mastro first... well i ended up at reeves an now definetly gettin my car by this weekend
Orderd Sept. 29th, Built Nov. 8th, Delivered Nov 18th!!!
Old 06-06-2006, 09:03 AM
TR Shop Mod

How exactly did they "screw" you?
Old 06-06-2006, 09:04 AM
TR Shop Mod

The reason I ask is because I've had nothing but good experiences with them.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:39 AM
Firemedic / Local 4420

Im interested as well. If you have a complaint have you brought it up with someone at Mastro, because Im sure we would have attempted to reslove it.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:47 AM
oh WTF

yes i talked to the assistant manager an all... pretty much i told them ahead of time i needed a co-signer, they ran my credit, agreed, said u get a co-signer wich i had already lined up that i could walk away with the car, get the co-signer to sign, then they come back with oh u need to put down 2800 an a 12% apr, i was like yea ok c-ya... an they weren't willing to work at all with me
Orderd Sept. 29th, Built Nov. 8th, Delivered Nov 18th!!!
Old 06-06-2006, 09:52 AM
Am I OG Yet ?

Originally Posted by WTFchuck
yes i talked to the assistant manager an all... pretty much i told them ahead of time i needed a co-signer, they ran my credit, agreed, said u get a co-signer wich i had already lined up that i could walk away with the car, get the co-signer to sign, then they come back with oh u need to put down 2800 an a 12% apr, i was like yea ok c-ya... an they weren't willing to work at all with me
Ok, so you have bad credit and this is Mastros fault? Getting a loan means you meet the lenders requirments not the dealership.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:57 AM
Firemedic / Local 4420

Mastro does not have a lending branch. If the banks that the sales manager sent your info to came back with that what are we supposed to do?

Every dealership has different lending institutions it uses. Reeves might have one that is a little more leanient towards those with new or bad credit. Maybe the co-signer doesnt have the best credit either.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:59 AM
oneslowwrx

Originally Posted by 813_05_STi
Ok, so you have bad credit and this is Mastros fault? Getting a loan means you meet the lenders requirments not the dealership.
but i must say from working in the bussiness for a wile now. must traditional dealerships will raise the apr a point some times more than just one. thats all money they make and the backend of the deal. the best thing for you to do is to get a buyers order go to ur credit union or bank and come with a check dont finance with the dealership.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:15 AM
TR Shop Mod

Don't let your discouraging financial situation get you bent out of shape in regards to the dealer. Get your ducks in a row and try again later. I'll add that when I buy a new car, I always have my financing approved through my Credit Union (for the max amount I'm willing to spend) before I ever step foot on any lot. For that matter I've already been in contact with ever Internet sales manager in a 100mile radius seeing whats in stock and what their starting prices are for the cars I'm looking at.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by BoosTedEj25
but i must say from working in the bussiness for a wile now. must traditional dealerships will raise the apr a point some times more than just one. thats all money they make and the backend of the deal
True, but they will not lose a sale over a point. Even if they cant mark up the apr they will still do the deal. They are making money on the car after all. The most important thing is the 2800 down. If they asked for cash down that means he didnt qualify for the payment at the full amount financed or possibly he has a trade he is upside down in and they needed the money down to soak up some of that negative equity. You cant blame the dealer in either case. The reeves group is much larger than Mastro they prolly do business with more banks and have more financing options for you if you have shaky credit.
Good luck with your new car.