Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

Tgv Delete interested?

Old 06-01-2006, 11:40 AM
Am I OG Yet ?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tgv Delete interested?

Chris K. from Engine Logics will do the Tgv Deletes for $185. I picked up a set of 06 Tgvs on iwsti for $100 shipped, and selling your stock units can net you more that I paid as many ppl are now looking to send them to him. A better investement than $585 for the APS units with the cel fix you wont need if you have ecutec exct.

Flow tested:
before = 330cfm
after = 480cfm
increase = 150 cfm

Flashsplash

1st pic is OEM and the last 3 have been ported and flapper removed

Last edited by 813_05_STi; 04-29-2007 at 03:42 PM.
Old 06-04-2006, 01:42 PM
Am I OG Yet ?

Java,Faded none of you guys with upgrades turbos are interested in this?
Old 06-04-2006, 09:35 PM
Am I OG Yet ?

Originally Posted by URFUCT
Da fuck is a TGV?
They were designed as a polution control device that lets the ECU electronicly open and control that flapper seen in the 1st picture. They sit directly under every plentum on your intake manifold and every cylinder has a flap the opens and closes much like the Acura GSR manifold but our ecu controls all of them.

Many ppl think you only need port them for big turbos b/c with a 3 inch inlet in the stock location you will need to remove the sensor and take the tgv all apart and perrins kit gives you brass plugs to incert into the holes. Or you cant use a 3" inlet it wont fit. The pic I posted this time shows the passage way of air your engine runs on when the car is at idle and the flaps closed. When the flap is open like at wide open throttle the max air flow tested is 330 cfm.
After Chris removes the flapper, tig welds the holes closed and ports the Oem units they flow 480cfm. 150cfm flow on a boosted engine is a huge gain stock turbo or not. The main reason ppl dont do this all the time is b/c you need ecutek or other to shut off the cel. the Aps units give you a cell fix for stock ecu but there are 500+ as this is only 185.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:55 AM
4 doors & 6 on the floor

Originally Posted by 813_05_STi
*snip*The main reason ppl dont do this all the time is b/c you need ecutek or other to shut off the cel. the Aps units give you a cell fix for stock ecu but there are 500+ as this is only 185.
That's not the only fix. From what I've heard as long as you still keep the tgv motors wired you're ok. I didn't say you had to have them mounted on the tgvs just wired.

It's the motors not being connected that give the cel. Some people just pull the tgv motors to one side of the engine and tie them down. Others get inventive, lengthening the wiring to the trunk, and tying them down there.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:12 PM
4 doors & 6 on the floor

Originally Posted by fadedSTi
or just have ecutek and delete the CEL
Although he mentioned that solution I was giving a low/no cost alternative for getting rid of the cel for those that didn't have ecutek.