Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

question on guages?

Old 03-28-2006, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question on guages?

does anyone know about the Megan Racing guages? like if there are any problems or if thay are a good guage. any info will help, thanks.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:38 AM
Am I OG Yet ?

There a low level company, IE Honda Parts exct. There exhaust's dont fit well, there coilovers are ok at best. I would go Autometer before MR.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:53 AM
Just for decoration

I have heard they are relabled Apexi stuffs. I wouldnt mind spending more money if I can more accurately read my temps, pressures and such on somthing as valuble as an engine... Thats why I spent $500 for a pair of gauges.

R.I.P. Brian Nichols 02/07/1989-11/24/2008
Old 03-28-2006, 01:32 PM

thanks
Old 03-28-2006, 01:33 PM
Secret Squirrel

my opinion is probably going to be the most different. i work with different types of gauges from the lowest bidder. they all do the same thing. a mechanical gauge isn't going to read much different then the next or an electrical for that matter. if you aren't relying on the gauge for life or death then i think you're fine. if you're looking for the gauge to tell you there is a problem, then i think you're fine. they might not be quite as accurate as some of the others but i think they'll give you a very good idea of what is going on. i have used a meagan product and still do and still have no problems, i would still go autometer though. they've been around forever and can be had for cheap on ebay. all they make is gauges but the meagans probably wont be bad.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:04 PM
Am I OG Yet ?

Originally Posted by fat angel
my opinion is probably going to be the most different. i work with different types of gauges from the lowest bidder. they all do the same thing. a mechanical gauge isn't going to read much different then the next or an electrical for that matter. if you aren't relying on the gauge for life or death then i think you're fine. if you're looking for the gauge to tell you there is a problem, then i think you're fine. they might not be quite as accurate as some of the others but i think they'll give you a very good idea of what is going on. i have used a meagan product and still do and still have no problems, i would still go autometer though. they've been around forever and can be had for cheap on ebay. all they make is gauges but the meagans probably wont be bad.
I agree with you to a point, MR exhaust's, d/p's u/p's headers, coilovers might be worthy of saving money, but your going to risk your engine by relying on a poorly designed and built gauge? There are plenty of knock off parts- low line brands but I would draw the line at gauges,electronics, internals exct. Just something to think about.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:48 PM
Secret Squirrel

gauges are just a base to judge off of. everyones will read a little different. they might be a little off from someone else's, but they will most likely read consistently with themselves( meaning daily values will be the same). you can't base the life of your engine off your gauges. they do nothing more than tell you something isn't right( ie.one day your oil pressure reads higher than normal) a bad gauge can still tell you something isn't right by reading different. i do think the meagan's will be fine though. they will most likely do exactly what they are intended to do. what does a defi do that an autometer doesn't? nothing.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:55 PM

It's true that you get what you pay for, but when it comes to gauges, I don't care. I want them to look nice so I bought ones that look very, very close to my gauge cluster