Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

question on guages?

Old 03-28-2006, 03:02 PM
Secret Squirrel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fadedSTi
if i were to buy any, id buy the same you bought. very nice
that being said if i were to buy a set after installing them i'd buy the maddad's match perfect and work great, but they aren't expensive so they must not work
Old 03-28-2006, 03:03 PM
*Big Schpellar*

if your buying gauges for bling, buy something that matches *Autometer*

if you want something that is going to be acurate and have extra stuff * DEFI`s*
Old 03-28-2006, 03:16 PM
Secret Squirrel

i just like quality parts that are going to last longer than 6 months.
hhhmmm.... never heard of them ending after 6 months, any proof on that? just curious.

defi's are great for 200 a gauge( plus the controller), as they should be. that sweep feature is really cool, and if you remember to hit record before a problem. i'd just use my laptop though at that point and save alot of trouble. no argument there though.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:49 PM
Secret Squirrel

on the honda side seen many experiences with megan parts being garbage. rip off of the name "mugen". i havent seen anywith good experiences with their products. they are about as good as APC
cough: i've had great experiances with their products( i've been running their headers for a year with no = 0 problems), not to mention countless with their coilovers, but i still need proof on the mad dad gauges ending after 6 months. i know many people be it nissan, mitsu, honda, dodge running their products with no problems. in fact i've seen more perrin customer complaints than i have meagan. faded have you used any megan products? or maddad? i've installed everything from dolphin,autometer,defi,apexi, to maddad gauges. whether cheap or not they've all done exactly what they needed to and made it a long way and they dont need to record or sweep to work.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:12 PM
I use a Mad scientist

Originally Posted by fat angel
cough: i've had great experiances with their products( i've been running their headers for a year with no = 0 problems), not to mention countless with their coilovers, but i still need proof on the mad dad gauges ending after 6 months. i know many people be it nissan, mitsu, honda, dodge running their products with no problems. in fact i've seen more perrin customer complaints than i have meagan. faded have you used any megan products? or maddad? i've installed everything from dolphin,autometer,defi,apexi, to maddad gauges. whether cheap or not they've all done exactly what they needed to and made it a long way and they dont need to record or sweep to work.
i know it doesn't mean shit but i have a meagan racing h-brace and i give it thumbs up so no complaints here!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2006, 04:26 PM

thanks and there is some good info. i am going to get either the megan racing guages or the defi d-series guages in black. dont know yet have to look at the moneys.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:05 PM

if you ahve an STi the megan gauges would look sweet with the sti mph,rpm cluster because the black out when the car is off. i dunno, i think that is sweet and i know of a lot of people with megan coilovers, exhaust, and gauges with no problems at all.