Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

Be careful who you have mount your tires: Tire Kingdom hosed my rims

Old 11-21-2005, 10:37 AM
4 doors & 6 on the floor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Be careful who you have mount your tires: Tire Kingdom hosed my rims

Tired (sic) Kingdom on 49th Street in Pinellas Park just gouged ALL four of my BBS wheels. This after I specifically told them when I dropped the car off to be very careful and not scrape them.

Right after I paid and went to my car and looked EVERY one of them was scraped. Told the counter man. He came and took a look, said he didn't see anything (it was raining). Showed him again after I wiped the water off. He said oh yeah.

His response was to bring it back in and they'd refinish them. I said no way! They weren't refinished before they're not going to be refinished now. I want new rims. He then said "oh we don't know that it even happened here.". Wtf??? My response was that those were the original tires and NO one besides Tk had touched them except for one rim replaced by the dealer. The dealer coincidientally had to replace the rim a second time because they gouged it too. (Original rim was flaking clearcoat)

His solution was to give me the manager's card and said I'll have to come back Monday. The dealer gouging that replacement rim is the reason I alerted Tk to being careful in the first place. A lot it helped. Obviously the guy wasn't paying ANY attention at all because he would've noticed after the first rim that there was a problem. Unbelievable.

Sorry for venting just wanted to warn you guys. A word to the wise. Make the tire hosers look at your rims when you drop it off so they can't be jerks like these guys and say "we don't know that it even happened here".

Oh and why in the world was there 3.5 miles put on my car? Only one reason I could think of: someone went for a joy ride.

Last edited by StiGuy; 11-21-2005 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:43 AM
*Big Schpellar*

wow, sorry man.

i am going to that Rent a Rim place just north of 275 on Dale Mabry. they qouted me 70 bucks for mounting and ballancing. all 4. and i figure since they rent there rims. they would do a good job and not scratch em.

hope you get 4 new rims. at retail cost.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:39 PM
Gravel fiend

What you should do is tell them you want cash money to replace them (i.e., retail value). Then go buy some Rotas or a used set of BBSs, and pocket the difference

When I got my new tires I told the guys doing the mounting to be careful, as they were aluminum rims. They used some sort of collar on top of the actual rim lip itself to protect it. Nice guys too.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:03 PM
project car comming soon.

went and got new tires only to find one of my rims has a slight bend in it so now im trying to find one along with the fact my car is shaking at high speeds which meens they prob didnt balance them right and the new tires suck
Old 11-21-2005, 03:44 PM
TTwins are my fav

i only use my local infiniti dealer, as strange as it sounds (they do alot of 20's there)

my 4 new works were m/b and flawless; as i expected.

sucks to have your stuff damaged by others who just dont seem to get it...

do follow up on this.........

ese

www.gsxRpaddock.com <---gsxR research, solutions, & support
www.iWSTi.com <---STi research, solutions, & support
www.TOPSPEEDsales.com <---STi premier tuning and performance
Old 11-23-2005, 03:35 AM
who stole my intercooler?

mastro does a good job of mounting & balancing & they're cheap, i wanna say $40 but i can't remember.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:58 AM
Rraawwrr!!

Buncha TURDS, I can't believe they pulled that crap

"we don't know that it happened here" i can't stand that crap, what did you do, go and curb all four of your rims afterwards or something? What a bunch of tools! Dude if they don't pay for your rims I say you go on judge judy and make them all look like jerks on national tv.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:08 AM
Just for decoration

I hope Tire Kingdom pays, those BBS are expeeeeensiiiive!

R.I.P. Brian Nichols 02/07/1989-11/24/2008
Old 11-23-2005, 07:29 AM
Gravel fiend

Originally Posted by HKSWRX
Buncha TURDS, I can't believe they pulled that crap

"we don't know that it happened here" i can't stand that crap, what did you do, go and curb all four of your rims afterwards or something? What a bunch of tools! Dude if they don't pay for your rims I say you go on judge judy and make them all look like jerks on national tv.
John, I think you need to lay off the daytime TV
Old 11-23-2005, 07:43 AM
Rraawwrr!!

HEHEHEHE