Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

It finally happened...

Old 08-21-2005, 05:18 PM
...in da hause!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It finally happened...

Waxed the STi today

Bought some Meguiars NXT Next Generation wax and figured I'd try it out. Anyone have experience with this wax yet? It's supposed to remove light scratches and swirl marks......we all know how that goes

Anyway, figured if I was gonna wax her might as well debadge her, too!

Only bad part is even when it's clean it looks dirty due to the flakes and swirl marks.....starting to dislike Java Black

No pics yet...tomorrow

Old 08-21-2005, 07:11 PM
Down South Supplier

yeah ive used that wax b4....its not that bad

turtle was ultra gloss paste is the best from my experience (and ive used almost every single wax on teh market)

Originally Posted by blacksti
stop trying to be cool telling people you kicked me out of your tree house lmao dude fs is gay get over it
Originally Posted by antibling
bob you are just way too cool
Old 08-22-2005, 03:59 AM
Livin' in Seattle

Bleh, it's a wax (well more like a polymer sealant), it won't do shit to remove swirls/scratches/etc. If anything, it'll simply hide them.
Having a black car, I hope you're doing your best to perfect your car washing routine. Black paint will show all your car washing sins in the form of swirl marks.
If you've got a bad wash technique, frequently washing the car will slowly build up swirls in the paint and eventually you'll be left with dull, hazy looking paint. Black is one hell of a hard color to maintain but if done right, it'll look absolutely amazing.

Haven't tried the Meguiar's NXT myself but have played around with a lot of the other offerings such as Zaino, Klasse, Sonus, and my new favorite from Poorboy's, EX-P.

Last edited by Bill; 08-22-2005 at 04:04 AM.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:01 AM
Livin' in Seattle

Originally Posted by FastRaft WRX
yeah ive used that wax b4....its not that bad

turtle was ultra gloss paste is the best from my experience (and ive used almost every single wax on teh market)
Since you're recommending Turtle Wax in light of the other offerings from say Klasse, Poorboys, Zaino, Wolfgang, Sonus, etc...I'm going to go ahead and call bullshit on your having tried every wax on the market.

EDIT: Noticed you said TW Ultra, which is heads and tails above the old TW line. Still though, the shine doesn't hold up as long as others and removal (even with thin applicaitons) isn't as painless as other offerings.

Last edited by Bill; 08-22-2005 at 05:46 AM.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:42 AM
...in da hause!!!

Zaino is my personal favorite.

Car had many swirl marks it in when I bought it. I need to find a place that'll do a full detail (ie swirl remover, clay bar, etc).

Old 08-22-2005, 05:50 AM
Livin' in Seattle

Originally Posted by Balboa
Zaino is my personal favorite.

Car had many swirl marks it in when I bought it. I need to find a place that'll do a full detail (ie swirl remover, clay bar, etc).
I used to be a huge Zaino fan but, believe me, there are even better products out there. While Zaino has some of the best durability around, application can be a pain due to how thin you have to apply it. Give Poorboy's EX-P (polymer sealant with carnuba for that added *POP*) a try and see how it treats you. If you don't wax often, Klasse AIO and SG will treat you right. Sooooo easy to apply and remove.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:02 AM
I'm Slow

zaino is good, I will need to try this poorboys you talk about. Where can I find it?

550/550
Old 08-22-2005, 06:16 AM

I love Meguiars Nxt wax, I've tried Nano wax, Mothers, and some other stuff. Nxt I think hold up awesome and goes on so easy.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:33 AM
Livin' in Seattle

Originally Posted by I'm Slow
zaino is good, I will need to try this poorboys you talk about. Where can I find it?
There are a ton of online sites that sell it. I usually buy my stuff from here: http://www.superiorcarcare.net/poorboysworld.html . They're based out of Westpalm so things are shipped fairly quickly.

If you're serious about trying it out, I'd also grab a small bottle of Klasse All-in-one. Klasse is a fucking amazing by itself but when topped it'll really make the paint look wet.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:35 AM
Just for decoration

Just Claybar it.

R.I.P. Brian Nichols 02/07/1989-11/24/2008