Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

Drama in the Subaru forum ?

Old 07-26-2005, 08:44 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drama in the Subaru forum ?

wtf guys ?

This is the last place I thought we'd see this stuff on TR.

Heres a couple of quick pointers.
  • No bashing of shops. Its a long standing TR policy, we just dont allow it. If you have a problem with a shop, contact them. we certainly cant help you solve it and whining on here wont help at all. Its just going to piss the shop off and make them want to resolve the issue even less.
  • If you feel the need to make a grand theatrical post, and leave in a huff... save us all the TRama and just click the logout button. I am sure you'll be missed or something.
  • Lets keep it technical and Subaru related. Yes I know threads bashing XYZ shop cos they dissed you are probably remotely Subaru related, but cmon the Subaru community as a whole is better than that. Keep it related to Subarus in general and keep it on track.. no need for TRama in this forum or amongst its members.
  • I am sure there are some of you who think this is all rather Big Brother and just not fair *sniffle*... well get over it.. i , nor themods dont have time to baby sit you.. and honestly we dont care .. just relax.. take a deep breath.. and be cool.. thats all we ask... we have jobs too ya know.. and if i was making $40 an hour doin this i'd care a whole lot more about your whines..but i'm not so lets just stick to the Subaru related tech.
The End.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:54 AM

*Agrees*
Old 07-26-2005, 10:54 AM

A question for any of the admins/mods:

I understand that the Mastro thread got out of hand, but if I have trouble with a shop am I not to mention it at all on TR? For instance, if I say "hey this is the situation, this is the problem I have with XXXX, I am trying to resolve it w/ them, but I wanted to give a heads up to fellow Suby/TR people"? Most of this community is very involved in the aftermarket and I believe civil discussion of shop experiences, good and bad, is very valuable. Like I said the Mastro thread started off on the wrong foot, but had it been addressed in a level-headed way would it have been allowed to continue or are all threads discussing problems with local tuners going to be locked? I only ask because if I was treated unfairly by someone I would not want to see it happen to another person if I could help it. If anyone could answer this for me Id appreciate it.

Oh an +1 for a TRama free Subaru Tech.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:03 AM
Firemedic / Local 4420

I have no problem with people voicing their LEGITIMATE concerns with Mastro on here in a professional manner. As said before if you voice your concern that a neighbors friend has with us in a tasteless manner, then I will respond in kind.

That being said I would appreciate it if it was attempted to be resolved in person, over the phone or via PM before its put on the web.

My .02

Old 07-26-2005, 12:17 PM
Just for decoration

I have noticed in the past few weeks there has been a large increase of Subaru owners on TR. With a growing amount of people there is also a growing amount of disagreement.

R.I.P. Brian Nichols 02/07/1989-11/24/2008
Old 07-26-2005, 12:45 PM
It's soooo stock?

Originally Posted by Zate
wtf guys ?

This is the last place I thought we'd see this stuff on TR.

Heres a couple of quick pointers.
  • No bashing of shops. Its a long standing TR policy, we just dont allow it. If you have a problem with a shop, contact them. we certainly cant help you solve it and whining on here wont help at all. Its just going to piss the shop off and make them want to resolve the issue even less.
  • If you feel the need to make a grand theatrical post, and leave in a huff... save us all the TRama and just click the logout button. I am sure you'll be missed or something.
  • Lets keep it technical and Subaru related. Yes I know threads bashing XYZ shop cos they dissed you are probably remotely Subaru related, but cmon the Subaru community as a whole is better than that. Keep it related to Subarus in general and keep it on track.. no need for TRama in this forum or amongst its members.
  • I am sure there are some of you who think this is all rather Big Brother and just not fair *sniffle*... well get over it.. i , nor themods dont have time to baby sit you.. and honestly we dont care .. just relax.. take a deep breath.. and be cool.. thats all we ask... we have jobs too ya know.. and if i was making $40 an hour doin this i'd care a whole lot more about your whines..but i'm not so lets just stick to the Subaru related tech.
The End.
Well from the tone of this post it is plain for all to see that this guy and the shop in question have a lot in common. The same condesending attitude.
Might as well just have come out and told us all to go fuck off as well.
Keep up the good work Zate.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:45 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally Posted by QuickOne
Well from the tone of this post it is plain for all to see that this guy and the shop in question have a lot in common. The same condesending attitude.
Might as well just have come out and told us all to go fuck off as well.
Keep up the good work Zate.
Let me make it clear for you.. you can go fuck yourself... your attitude both in the thread and in PM's makes it obvious your an asshole... if you've gotten bad treatment at Mastro .. and now on here its because your attitude warrants it. I deal with a great many people daily on TR and that leaves me no luxury to give you or anyone else the benefit of the doubt.. with 20,000 registered users and alot of traffic i take stuff at face value and move on... its a private website.. you agreed to the terms and conditions when signing up .. i'm generally a nice guy.. i've been in the subaru community off and on both here and in australia since 96 but you insist on taking what was a simple issue of us not allowing shop bashig here and moaning about freedom of speach and big brother... feel free to exercise another freedom and logout.

To the guy above asking the question about bringing stuff up about shops.. i totally see your point.. but let me explain why we dont want shop bashing in any form.. the main reason is because its subjective info .. someone can come in and post their version.. which may or may not be true .. often times the shop isnt a member on here or doesnt see the thread and it might be just a minor misunderstadning.. alot of factors play into it... TR isnt here to play watchdog, were not here to play go between.. if you have a problem with a shop.. instead of slandering them all over our website .. go talk to them about it.. were not interested in being drawn into your right.. its the same with scammers in the forsale area .. if you have a problem.. take it up with the person... if it persists.. involve the authorities.. same goes for shops.. if you've been ripped off take it up with the authoritories..its not our job.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:30 PM
It's soooo stock?

Originally Posted by Zate
TR isnt here to play watchdog, were not here to play go between.. if you have a problem with a shop.. instead of slandering them all over our website .. go talk to them about it.. were not interested in being drawn into your right.. its the same with scammers in the forsale area .. if you have a problem.. take it up with the person... if it persists.. involve the authorities.. same goes for shops.. if you've been ripped off take it up with the authoritories..its not our job.
So outta one side of your mouth you say this^ and outta the other side you get involved by limiting the free communication of opinions and experiences that people are sharing here. Which is it? You either do or you don't get involved? The problem is your decisions are totally subjective, not based on any criteria other then your own bull shit. From the looks of it you don't even know what you stand for. Oh well you'll have that....
Old 07-26-2005, 03:31 PM
It's soooo stock?

I'm sure your about ready to lock your own thread now too since you dont like what I'm sayin. Oh well... you'll have that too.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:36 PM
It's soooo stock?

Originally Posted by supaflytiger
I only ask because if I was treated unfairly by someone I would not want to see it happen to another person if I could help it. If anyone could answer this for me Id appreciate it.

Oh an +1 for a TRama free Subaru Tech.
According to his f'd up thinking...and he's said it point blank it's 90% chance that it's all your fault. Since he's already been the judge and jury you betta not bother. I suppose we cant all chip in and buy the bill board across the street from Mastro and speek our mind on there either.
Big fat WRONG!!! I 'm sure the owner of the bill board could give a rats ass whose right or wrong just like this guy is trying to make everyone believe he feels too.
But we all know the truth... Oh well you'll have that..... in fucking Natzi Germany