Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

Wtb: Wrx/Sti dp, possibly cb

Old 07-08-2005, 09:40 PM
4 doors & 6 on the floor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wtb: Wrx/Sti dp, possibly cb

Hey guys,

Would normally post this in wtb but I want to try to get something asap Saturday 07/09.

Best case scenario: One of the following dps local to Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater area:
Crucial 3"
Daddy's MadDad 3"
Random Tech. 3"
Stromung 3"
Stromung 3"
Vishnu 3"

Problem I ran into is the Mrt tbe I bought used has a cat in it. No problem with that in and of itself. However I guess Subaru put some extra gusseting in between the firewall and fender on the 05 Sti because the cat hits on said gussetting and I can't mount the dp.

The Mrt is a shorty (i.e. as long as the stock) and the above dp(s) are supposed to be shortys as well. At least according to the Nasioc popular downpipes thread (http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...2&page=3&pp=25).

However if no one has one of those I'd be interested in buying another dp and intermediate pipe or another complete tbe.

Pm me or post and lmk what you have.

Thanks.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:05 AM
The NExt Brian O' Conner

Hks??? i know its bad but its 3 inch
Old 07-09-2005, 07:33 AM
4 doors & 6 on the floor

Thanks Apexi but that is the one brand I was warned to stay away from. Plus I believe that's a full dp not a shorty like the stock.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:00 AM
It's soooo stock?

B', I have the Godspeed and it seems to tune really well. Another guy Scott Seigel tuned in Atl whose SN on WISTI is Trey also has it. So as far as catless pipes go we know that one isn't a creeping problem. Faded has the Invida and it seems like a nice piece too.
You are correct to stay away from the HKS, unless going with an EWG, then it is a great cost saver.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:24 PM
The NExt Brian O' Conner

well my friend bought a no name brand its a bellmouth ( not the best like invidia but it works) and and he got a better power curve after swtiching the hks out. cheap too
Paul
Old 07-11-2005, 03:53 AM
TR Shop Mod

I have a friend that has an APS 3" TBE w/2.5" AB with the single tip. Dunno, if that will work for you or not? Comes with both the cat pipe and test pipe section. Lemme know...

Last edited by SnowMann; 07-11-2005 at 03:55 AM.