Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

My newest mod....

Old 05-21-2005, 09:18 AM
4x4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My newest mod....

So I went to Mastro on Friday morning and realized that my car needed something new to spice it up after seeing all the modded WRXs roll in...

I ventured over to my friends house after and decided that I was going to run open downpipe and take off my stock midpipe/cat...

It took a little while to get it off especially the 02 sensor but we eventually got it and now I really like the sound...

I dont know if there is any performance gains but the turbo whistles alot more and its REALLLLLLLLY loud.

Now I have to be very careful for cops because it does sound like a Hardley Davidson, with the low growl and high roar..

I love it, everyone should try it.
Old 05-21-2005, 09:53 AM
Just for decoration

When i did it reminded me of a poorly muffled SRT-4... I instantly put my exhaust back on.

R.I.P. Brian Nichols 02/07/1989-11/24/2008
Old 05-22-2005, 04:39 AM
4x4

My friend told me if I run it open like that for too long it could muss up my valves because of no back pressure....

Is that true?
Old 05-22-2005, 07:28 AM
Too Much is ALMOST Enough

The only way for it to mess up the valves is if you run a open header(s) that is really short. When the car is running it will be fine but then when it shuts off it will suck in a lil bit of the outside air, which is colder than the valve. When the colder air hits the valve it will crack it instantly. Since your exhaust opening is so far from the valves nothing will happen. You would have to remove your up pipe and drive your car to mess anything up.

I started my car without the axle back and it was LOUD. I have a 3" TBE so it wasnt like a stock midpipe beng open.

Last edited by Frankie Figs; 05-22-2005 at 07:30 AM.