Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

So i am digging the new car...

Old 07-28-2004, 04:54 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So i am digging the new car...

It has a few things that need to be fixed, but so far its fine. I'll take it to Mastro this week and leave it with them for a day to have them look it over totally. I am hoping it wont have anything tooo major. But if i gotta swap in a new engine or convert it to manual early.. then so be it. (would swap in a used EJ25 i think unless I could source a EJ22T cheaply)

Car is a 1995 Red Impreza L Coupe. 1.8L AWD Auto with 146,000 miles on it.

So far things I am gonna do :
  • Needs new wipers.
  • Has an oil leak under the hood at the back of the engine. WEirdly, doesnt leak onto the ground at all and all oil levels that I have checked seem fine. Occasionally after driving when the engine is warm, a little light smoke and burning oil smell comes from under the hood. Not sure what exactly it is, shouldnt be too hard to diagnose and possibly fix.
  • Has a slight bit of wind noise above 45 from the drivers side top/front of door.
  • Desperately needs power windows and doors, probably going to get these from a RS or similar and try a transplant. Need to find out whats needed in parts and what will fit. Anyone with answers please let me know.
  • Needs new carpet on the drivers side. I'll do it all.
  • Will put in 2004 WRX Seats, at least front, possibly rear aswell (or just take the rear out totally
  • WRX Stereo needed.
  • Needs Tint
  • Will put some adjustable struts on it and Ver 6 springs. Plus anything else that I can get my hands on (camber plates etc etc)
  • New front and rear sway bars plus ALL the bushings I can possibly replace.
  • RS Wheels, perferable the older style gold ones, or the newer 6 spokes.
  • Ver 6 front end (complete with lights/bumper and light weight bumper beam)
  • Ver 6 sides and rear. Including light weight trunk with spoiler.
  • Paint it Steel Blue Mica
And at a later time...
  • Want to replace anything and everything under the drive train as time goes by with better stuff, building up to R180 front/Rear diffs and a Ver 6 RA 5 speed (with DCCD)
  • Will look for a blown WRX engine to buy. Replace the blown bottom end with a EJ257 block and get the heads touched a little with Ver 7 cams. (No AVCS though).
  • FMIC with water sprayer and possibly water injection at this point.
  • Not decided on turbo yet, want it something not TOO big, not looking for more than 400 HP, early spool, hold good boost till redline. (good boost = 24 psi peak no less than 18 at redline and 15 psi by 2500 RPM)
  • If I get this far, its probably going to need a cage.. lol

This is just preliminary ideas.. the top list is stuff that will be done over the next 18 months.. the bottom list will be done in one hit after I have the house and a shed in the back yard to disassemble the car, so after the 18 months.

I'm gonna take some pics and document as I go along.
Old 07-28-2004, 05:01 AM
I'm Back

About time you finally got started with this idea. Should just take you another few years before you start the next steps

Cars:
1965 Pontiac GTO
2001 Chevy 2500HD
Old 07-28-2004, 05:03 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

lol..you'd be surprised how much easier things are when you dont have a $1000 a month Mach1 weighing your budget down .. lol

Like i said.. wont be doing the serious stuff till I get a place to do the swap myself.

Found the PERFECT thing for frizanks car though..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33615

someone buy it for me!! its even the right color !!
Old 07-29-2004, 06:03 PM
danse

Sounds good Zate! Should be a beast when you're done gettin' er done.

Want to know what the war in Iraq is really costing America? Click here