Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

STi and XT AccessPort: May 31st $645.00

Old 04-29-2004, 11:36 AM
1337 H4x0r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up STi and XT AccessPort: May 31st $645.00

AccessPORT Release for Subaru WRX STI and Forester XT

Salt Lake City, Utah – April 28th, 2004 – COBB is proud to annouce the official release date of May 31st, 2004 for the much anticipated WRX STI and Forester XT AccessPORTs. Unlike the WRX AccessPORT, we will not be taking any pre-orders. Instead, we urge you to contact one of the authorized Dealers listed below regarding placing an order. COBB will not accept any retail orders for the WRX STI or Forester XT AccessPORTs until May 31st.

We will be shipping AccessPORTs to dealers so they have them in stock for the May 31st release date.

The Retail price for both models will be $645.00 USD
The powerful tool to use in your quest for maximizing the potential of your STI. The AccessPORT allows you the ability to upload pre-programmed maps to the Engine Control Unit (ECU) via the diagnosis port located below your steering wheel.

No Soldering No Wiring No Downtime

Stay up-to-date with the latest map revisions or find maps best suited for your modifications by simply doanloading them from the Internet into you AccessPORT. The AccessPORT can easily grow and adapt with your needs.

Designed with convenience and functionality in mind, the AccessPORT is packed with the following features:

Ability to use AccessECU maps without removing ECU
10 Instantly Switchable Maps
Read and Clear Check Engine Lights
Download new maps via the Internet
Revert back to Stock programming

Due to limitations within the ECU's flash memory, one can only successfully reprogram it approximately 100 times. In response to this challenge, our engineers developed a LIMITLESS Map Switching system. This means you can switch between maps as often as you like quickly, easily, and without ever reducing the life of your ECU's flash memory.

Up to 10 different maps can be stored on the AccessPORT for Instant Map Switching. Some examples of these maps are:

Staged Performance Maps
Valet Mode
Race Mode
Economy Mode
Anti-Theft Mode
The possibilities are truly endless!

No Comparison
Direct reprogramming of the factory engine management system allows for unparalleled control and precision of tuning. Unlike "piggyback" systems that intercept the signals coming and going from the ECU, the AccessPORT is not limited by the parameters of the stock factory programming.

The AccessECU Technology
The AccessPORT relies on the powerful AccessECU technology to perform the task of reprogramming the factory ECU for high performance applications. By fully reverse engineering the factory ECU in-house, we are able to not only modify all the fuel, ignition timing, and boost maps but also re-engineer critical parts of the software for improved performance and consistency. Out unsurpassed understanding of the factory ECU allows us unlimited control and creativity to provide you the very best ECU programming available.
Dyno Proven Results
Improve performance withou compromise. Even on stock vehicles, substainal gains can be realized without sacrificing reliability or driving quality. All without removing the ECU, soldering, or any extra boxes.

We are currently developing maps for the STI and hope to release them in the near future. Please reference our WRX section of an idea on the types of maps we've offered in the past. Thus far, the results are very promising. We will be releasing final dyno results and acceleration figures when we've completed our testing and are satisfied with the performance and level of reliability. Due to the fact that the STI uses an all new 2.5L turbo engine, all test vehicles are currently undergoing longer than normal durability testing before release.

For a list of the upcoming planned power packages, please visit our Staged Power Package page. http://cobbtuning.com/sti/power-s.html
Quote from Trey on the Cobb boards:

"This may be of interest to some of you. We'll be posting STI Dyno graphs for the various stages within the next 1-2 weeks. We're just fine tuning them now and want to present the most final data we can. The results will be on par with what we've always been able to provide in the past."
Old 03-17-2005, 03:35 PM

I just had a question,,,,,,,,I just bought a WRX 2003 model,,,,,,I cant figure uot where the ECU is located,,,,,,,perhaps you can help me out
Old 03-17-2005, 05:58 PM

If your looking to put the accessport in it is located beneath steering whell and little to the left.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:18 PM
Blingo!?!

the actual ecu is located under your passenger kick board where it curves up to meet the dash

20TenProductions "Born to lose and Destined to fail!"
Old 03-17-2005, 06:19 PM
Down South Supplier

ive actually been looking into buying one of these, seems nice...

Originally Posted by blacksti
stop trying to be cool telling people you kicked me out of your tree house lmao dude fs is gay get over it
Originally Posted by antibling
bob you are just way too cool
Old 03-17-2005, 06:19 PM
Shaggin' Wagon IV

Originally Posted by Bashan
I just had a question,,,,,,,,I just bought a WRX 2003 model,,,,,,I cant figure uot where the ECU is located,,,,,,,perhaps you can help me out
If you pull the carpet up in the passenger footwell, you'll find the ECU. If your looking for the OBD port, its under the the driver's dash next to the hood release.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:04 AM
TR Shop Mod

Originally Posted by Zate
wonder if it will work on the Legacy GT ?
Well, Cobb sells a Legacy GT specific AP. Too bad they dont list what kind of gains are to be had.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:04 AM
TR Shop Mod

Oops...heres the link.

http://cobbtuning.com/legacy/accessport.html
Old 03-18-2005, 10:38 AM
It's soooo stock?

Yeah but if you do a search on NASOIC you'll see a bunch of not so good feedback.