Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

wrx sti 5 speed?

Old 11-10-2003, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wrx sti 5 speed?

hey 1 of my friends just got a wrx 02 (he says its a sti but im not sure ) he has the sti key , shifter knob , shifting thing that tells u the gears, and the side carben fiber sti thing on the light , and a momo sterring wheel. but what i was thinking is that subaru just started selling the sti in 2004 in the usa so maibe its a kit or maibe its inported or maibe its fake.. he says its a inport but the sterring wheel is on the left side. (he doent know alot bout cars .hes 16 and doent know how 2 drive a stick he stalles lik 3 times b 4 he gets off the line . ohh ya so did they make a sti in 02 with a 5 speed or r they all 6 speed ???\
the intercooler doent hav the STi logo on it
btw . that car is sweet he let me dive it and it sticks 2 the ground., god damn i lov that car it will not slip 1 bit not even in the rain and me droping it into 1st around a hair pin turn .

thanks
ralph
Old 11-10-2003, 03:21 PM
So now I'm a liar...

Not an STi, STi's didn't arrive here until '04, all '02 WRX's had the Momo steering wheel, STi key and shift knob are dealer options availible for any Subaru. Your friend has a plain-ole WRX
Old 11-10-2003, 03:37 PM
danse

Default Re: wrx sti 5 speed?

Originally posted by turboralph
hey 1 of my friends just got a wrx 02 (he says its a sti but im not sure ) he has the sti key , shifter knob , shifting thing that tells u the gears, and the side carben fiber sti thing on the light , and a momo sterring wheel. but what i was thinking is that subaru just started selling the sti in 2004 in the usa so maibe its a kit or maibe its inported or maibe its fake.. he says its a inport but the sterring wheel is on the left side. (he doent know alot bout cars .hes 16 and doent know how 2 drive a stick he stalles lik 3 times b 4 he gets off the line . ohh ya so did they make a sti in 02 with a 5 speed or r they all 6 speed ???\
the intercooler doent hav the STi logo on it
btw . that car is sweet he let me dive it and it sticks 2 the ground., god damn i lov that car it will not slip 1 bit not even in the rain and me droping it into 1st around a hair pin turn .

thanks
ralph
Your friend is a fruitcake. Tell him I'd like to run him in my STi Spec C Cusco Prodrive Edition, when he gets the chance. Hopefully he's just misinformed or kidding.

Want to know what the war in Iraq is really costing America? Click here
Old 11-10-2003, 06:46 PM
4x4

Hey im 16 and i got a WRX, and if he thinks he really has an STI tell him to come race me...even tho my wrx is one of the slower on the site
Old 11-10-2003, 07:00 PM
"color blind kid"

First gear around a turn? How did you manage that?
Learn how to use the feedback system! When people don't fallow through with a deal, fucking make it known! of course everyone has all positive points, no one fucking gives negatives for flakers, if you start giving negative feedbacks for flaking maybe people on tr will stop making stupid ass posts about wanting to buy shit then not showing up for the shit.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:06 PM
ASM FTW!

Originally posted by blackwagon
First gear around a turn? How did you manage that?
i was thinking the SAME damn thing... interesting concept, please inform me how ya did it? rev match the shit out of it? like 7 k rev match? err..
Old 11-11-2003, 11:25 AM
Mouthhugsarenice

Originally posted by Billy
I used to do it all the time on the street and at the hairpin at the Fairgrounds. It's not the easiest gear selection to get, but you can do it.....and yes the tranny looked fine when it came out of the car. The new gearset is actually alot more willing to go into first gear while rolling.
good old straight cut