Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

internal wastegate ques.

Old 11-09-2003, 08:52 AM
Cock Model

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default internal wastegate ques.

This past thursday my boy dave (99b16si) and glenn ( ownes hybridperformance), installed my up-pipe and turboback...finally . In the process dave had mentioned that the internal wastegate's vacuum line is routed to the turbo and not the intake manifold (after the intercooler's pressure drop). I'm just curious, has this quick mod ever been tested? Just tee off an intake manifold vacuum line and have that go to the wastegate? I've seen it done many times before on external wastegate's but obviously this is not that case. Lemme know ANY good or bad opinions on this idea or previous experiences. Thanks guys.

02 WRX
K&N, ic hoses, up-pipe & turboback
Old 11-09-2003, 09:17 AM
ASM FTW!

how would that work, as the boost control solenoid might interfere... the wasegate actuator will default to around 7 psi if you show it no regulation, so in other words.... are you going to use the manifold pressure as the second line in that t? that could possibly work, but, honestly, the ecu might be able to regulate the manifold absolute pressure too, so if it worked, it might only be temporarily... i know even with the ecu tek, it seemed like my car learned a certain boost....there was a boost leak on the dyno, but it was nearly impossible to hear.. when we went for road testing, it was blatantly there, so it was fixed.. i started to notice the boost sometimes would cruise on up to 20, although the max manifold pressure was 16.7 psi at one point on the graph... the more i drove it, the more this problem was obvious, then all of a sudden, it stopped doing it entirely, and this was all on its own, without the aid of a reflash its odd... if it works, good luck to ya, and please post results...
Old 11-12-2003, 11:21 PM
TR Registered Member #5

yea bypassing the stock solenoid without a BC will yeild shit for boost.

Editor - Stangtv.com - Dragzine.com

2011 Mustang GT Premium 6-speed manual Sterling Gray Metallic - New Project Car
SCT SF3 - FRPP Adjustable Handling Pack - Vortech 597 RWHP 476 lb/ft - 7.5 PSI

1965 Mustang - Blow thru Dart SBF 427ci with a Paxton NOVI-2500
Hydraulic roller, 91 octane, 1030HP