Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

test and tune

Old 10-09-2003, 09:41 PM
Mouthhugsarenice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy test and tune

well went to test and tune tonight and got in 5 or so runs and the times i got were awful i couldn't get the car to launch right my trap speed is good though should be in 120s once i practice launching some more but the times are not worth mentioning my 60 ft times varied between 2.4-2.0 which really sucks
sam i did like two more runs after you left and i did improve but there has to be something else cause even with a half decent launch my times should be better than what they were right? i don't know maybe the flywheel is too light or turbo just lags too much? i'm stumped i am going to practice tommorrow to see if i can improve and i will let you know man i should of let you drive it to see if is capable
oh but i did romp on everyone i raced
Old 10-09-2003, 10:33 PM
danse

Default Re: test and tune

Originally posted by res23of
well went to test and tune tonight and got in 5 or so runs and the times i got were awful i couldn't get the car to launch right my trap speed is good though should be in 120s once i practice launching some more but the times are not worth mentioning my 60 ft times varied between 2.4-2.0 which really sucks
sam i did like two more runs after you left and i did improve but there has to be something else cause even with a half decent launch my times should be better than what they were right? i don't know maybe the flywheel is too light or turbo just lags too much? i'm stumped i am going to practice tommorrow to see if i can improve and i will let you know man i should of let you drive it to see if is capable
oh but i did romp on everyone i raced
Car definitely looked/felt strong. You just need to get Zen about your launches and maybe join the growing rank of drag racers running heavier flywheels! Good times and it was good hanging with everyone at BMP. I want to know that that heavy hitting Stang puts down, as he was in the 8s after letting out at 2/3 track. :o

Ryan - left those stickers at your house. A.D.D. owns!

Want to know what the war in Iraq is really costing America? Click here
Old 10-10-2003, 07:42 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

i think the heavier flywheel is gonna be a must, thats the only way the car is gonna come out of the hole without absolutely killing it, i know i only lasted a day with a light flywheel before i took it back out....lol
Old 10-10-2003, 08:08 AM
Mouthhugsarenice

yeah i am starting to think so too but the clutch kit i bought came with the flywheel i don't know if the stock plate will work with the double plate may be time for a spool up kit
Old 10-10-2003, 08:37 AM
danse

My lightened flywheel is definitely taking some getting use to. I think this tranny/flywheel setup would OWN on the auto-x or road course though. Rev matching on my downshifts is so easy as to be absurd. I've actually blipped too far and had the synchros bring the assembly back down to speed, rather than up, with just a touch of the throttle. Me likey.

Old 10-10-2003, 09:22 AM
ASM FTW!

trapping in the 120's, you should be in 11's correct?

i woulda thought traction might be your problem :o

BTW... what flywheel/clutch combos did you all go with? this is a concern of mine now, so id like to get some solid input...

Last edited by 722ish; 10-10-2003 at 09:26 AM.
Old 10-10-2003, 10:59 AM
GO YANKEES!!!

You are running the UTEC right? Try out the launch control. It is basically a studder box that let you leave the line with some boost. It is harsh on your tranny, but yours is built. All the really fast DSM guys use a studder box to help them out of the hole, give it a try. -KEVIN-
Old 10-10-2003, 12:05 PM
Mouthhugsarenice

the launch control on the utec is suppose to be terrible on the car but i don't think thats the problem i talked to sam and we are going to put the stock flywheel back in with a different single plate and try that out with a lttle nitrous to get it moving out of the hole and yeah my car should be mid 11s to low with a good launch the power is there just need to work on the initial jump
Old 10-10-2003, 12:10 PM
an 86 still kickin ass

so what was the offical time and trap? if you dont mind me asking of course...

Originally posted by MauricioIsGay
p.s. I won it all for brandon , the fatest m3 everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Old 10-10-2003, 01:40 PM
danse

Originally posted by revo86
so what was the offical time and trap? if you dont mind me asking of course...
I smell a roll race coming on. jfwy