danse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All your braking zone are belong to me

Came home from TKD
and what do I see?
A big fecking brake kit
delivered just for me!
Thanks FedEx guy!

The black lines are to give you an idea of scale. I'm 6'2" and probably have an above average cranium for someone my size. Most of it is brick...just FYI.

This is from the same picture, just chopped it to get the caliper closer to my ugle mug.

These should be on the car by this weekend.

I'm a happy little focker tonight.

Want to know what the war in Iraq is really costing America? Click here
Old 08-13-2003, 05:26 AM
danse

I'm on my second upgrade! I want to stop better than I go...it's the only way to go really fast, assuming you ever intend to turn. My car will likely be one of the more 'racey' looking at the Subaru Challenge...it's gonna be embarassing when I get pnwed on track. The rotors are 13" in diamater, which makes them about 2 inches wider than the rotors are long. :o This should be comparable in size and power to the Brembo brake system. If it came with 2-piece rotors, I'd be right there.

Old 08-13-2003, 06:20 AM
Mouthhugsarenice

nice:o are those 6 piston?
cool picture it looks like the caliper is trying to eat you
Old 08-13-2003, 06:54 AM
danse

Billy - Opie has dibs on the calipers and rotors. If he changes his mind, you want me to put you next in line? Gotta warn you, the factory 16s will not clear the calliper.

Ryan - They probably could!! :o The damn things are as long as my head and nearly as wide! Assuming my Lineas can fit them (width may be a concern, height will be no problem), they are going to look SICK. They're 4-pistons...pistons are a LITTLE larger than the Subaru 4-pots though.

Old 08-13-2003, 10:02 AM
So now I'm a liar...

Originally posted by TampaWRX
Billy - Opie has dibs on the calipers and rotors. If he changes his mind, you want me to put you next in line? Gotta warn you, the factory 16s will not clear the calliper.
I'm not changing my mind! Let me know when they are ready to pick up and I'll bring ya the $$....Saturday? At the dyno day maybe!
Old 08-13-2003, 11:18 AM
danse

I'm not changing my mind! Let me know when they are ready to pick up and I'll bring ya the $$....Saturday? At the dyno day maybe!
I'm hoping! If anyone is available Friday night to help me install these bad mofuggas, let me know! Shouldn't take too long(a couple of hours to get everything off, on, tightened up and bled) and I'll likely be repainting the rear calipers...red and silver might look a bit low class. I'll probably paint the rears black and get it over with.

If anyone has a hook up for a lift, drop me a line. Would make things MUCH quicker...I would use a lift to change my oil, if I could...just love having the car in the air and actually being able to WORK on the damn thing, rather than crouch/squat/kneel/lay down to get to everying My jackpoints look like they've beaten with sledgehammers, the damn thing has been up on jacks so many times.

Anyway, if anyone is down for an install, lemme know.

Old 08-13-2003, 01:06 PM
Captain Catastrophe

those are some seksee as brakes!!

how much did they set you back?