Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

STi's for $29085+$555

Old 07-17-2003, 04:49 PM
1337 H4x0r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up STi's for $29085+$555

Here is a published price online for a brand new STi: http://www.vanbortelsubaru.com/impp6.html

Yes folks, $29085 + $555 freight price.

I emailed someone that has taken delivery of an STi from this place and he stated that they even negociated the $555 freight price off since he's purchased cars from them before. I haven't called the dealerhip but I imagine they don't have any sitting on the lot at that price. I still say that given several months and the STi will be sitting on lots just like the WRX was after the initial craze.

I might them a call in morning just for kicks as I'm curious how much of wait we're talking about. Hmmm, I have a weekend trip to NY to meet my cousin from Sweden comming up. I might be driving back.

edit:
I called them this morning and here's what I got:
$29,085 + $500 + $40 + tag fee. (I didn't ask but if I recall sales tax is 8% in NY)

They did say that they have almost 100 people on a waiting list but they told me that so far most people are dropping off the list for one reason or another. The sales person told me that people that ordered their car 60 days ago are taking delivery now.

Last edited by lstepnio; 07-18-2003 at 07:16 AM.
Old 07-17-2003, 06:39 PM
Tom
Strict Machine

hmmmm m
Old 07-18-2003, 04:05 AM
danse

Damn!:o I'm definitely rolling around the idea of pursuing a STi next year, considering the prices we're seeing out there. That's awesome. Then again, I would like to be without a car payment for while...hmmm. Dilemmas dilemmas.

Want to know what the war in Iraq is really costing America? Click here
Old 07-18-2003, 06:26 AM

Originally posted by TampaWRX
Damn!:o I'm definitely rolling around the idea of pursuing a STi next year, considering the prices we're seeing out there. That's awesome. Then again, I would like to be without a car payment for while...hmmm. Dilemmas dilemmas.
ah ha! that's what I just said in another post and you told me to just wait and do an engine swap.....damn kids...

The downfall of the engine swap is the lack of value the car will have(versus money invested) when I go to sell it. Unless I find the rare person off ebay that wants to take on a "project car".
Old 07-18-2003, 06:38 AM
1337 H4x0r

I'm more seriously considering everyday putting the WRX up for sale for an new STi.

I'll of course talk to the awesome crew at Mastro before even considering dealing with some yankees up in New York. We're buying another WRX(wagon this time) soon to replace my wifes RSX when the lease is up and I can't let her have a better car than me!
Old 07-18-2003, 09:34 AM
danse

ah ha! that's what I just said in another post and you told me to just wait and do an engine swap.....damn kids...
I'm about 90% sure I'll be doing an engine swap/build up on the car. I really do need to do some houseshopping next year and the payments on a STi would really hamper my efforts. Not to mention starting all over again on another upgrade path with another car. After all the ish I've gone through with this car, I'm not sure I ever want to start from ground zero again.

As for residual value, I plan on migrating the WRX to track only duty at some point in the future. Would definitely be fun to do some Rallying or similar motorsports on the weekends! Still, that price is very nice. Do you think we could work out a super deal if all I wanted was the power/drivetrain? They can keep the rest of the car.

Want to know what the war in Iraq is really costing America? Click here