My weekend at Sebring and Palm Beach International Raceway

Old 02-14-2012, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My weekend at Sebring and Palm Beach International Raceway

So I did a lot of testing this last weekend Friday we took the Crawford Daytona Prototype to Sebring to work on some driving try out some new fuel maps and a new Motec Dash. Things went great we got the DP down to a 2:06:345. Dash worked great and we got the car running alot better in the lower RPM range where it struggled last event. The dash also quit working during the last event, imagine driving a 640 HP Daytona Prototype with no dash whatsoever. I spent 2 days re-wiring the harness, unfortunatly there was no wiring diagram to be found for this car neither Crawford nor Motec East (who wired it originaly) had any info. Friday night i drove to Palm Beach for my next test with Dan Andersen of Andersen Racing and Andersen Race Park's Formula Enterprise car. We went to evaluate alowing the FE car into the USF2000 series. What we wanted to acomplish was to make this a car that would have a car that would be predictable to drive as well as inexpensive to run againt the National classed cars wich are older versions of the F2000 car also known as Formula Continental. Are plan was to try a new larger front sway bar work on balancing the downforce and finding out at what weight the car would be competitive. Well things don't allways go as planed During the second session of the 2 day test we had a 5th gear break right in half and break every gear in the box. I guess thats why they call it racing, these gearbox's are know for not being very durable but I have never seen this happen. All in all iam tired and had a long weekend.
Make sure to check out our pics on flickr at Speed Syndicate Motorsports
Our Facebook under Speed SYndicate Motorsports
and follow us on Twitter Speed Tweets
Old 03-05-2012, 05:09 AM
BrakesPros.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sucks about the gearbox, Im sure you guys have it all back together by now..have fun out there!

"LIKE" Us On Facebook To Follow Our K20 CRX Track Build! Facebook - BrakesPros
Need Brakes?
We carry brakes for racing and OEM applications, Give Us A Call or PM Us For A Special TR Discount! 1-888-257-7149
BrakesPros.com - See Our K20 Honda CRX Videos HERE