View Single Post
Old 01-07-2004, 03:08 PM
The Spectacle
Spent more money than you

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Kermit sol
ok a fully built d series is going to cost you right around 2500, pending on who you buy from and how much you install your self, and it will get you well into the 185 hp+ range at the crank. please tell me what b-series swap cost that much and gets you that kind of hp.
only bad thing about that even the most fully built d-series tops out around 200 hp all motor and 245-250 turboed. That is fully built, tuned etc. for MOST applications. Sure you could get more depending on you $$$ but it becomes that much harder because its a d-series. B-series are much easier to build and find parts for and are capable of much more. That to me doesn't make a B-series swap more superior, its just a matter of preference. If you have 300+ hp aspirations and are not fuckin swimming in money then building a d-series probably wouldn't be a good idea. But if you're like me and aren't looking to go crazy with boost and shit, then there's nothing wrong with buildin your d-series motor up.

Racing Integration
LHT Performance
My tuner is named Alpha
Roque Fab = The best Fabricator in the WHOLE WORLD

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so fucking temperamental.