Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

internials for d16z6

Old 01-06-2004, 12:02 PM
never shit a shooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default internials for d16z6

i am wanting to know what kind of pistons, rods ,and a cam should i get if i am building a all moter d16z6 for my delsol. also where i should get them installed at, i heard zmr, and secret services were good places to go but would also like if there are any other places that could do this.
thank you for your help.
Old 01-06-2004, 12:07 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Why would you want to do this? Get a swap.
Old 01-06-2004, 03:16 PM
never shit a shooter

im not going to get a swap because every civic owner on the face of this earth has one. im just tryn to be diferent. plus a fully built d series is cheaper and faster than any b series swap.
Old 01-06-2004, 04:40 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Uh no it's not.
Old 01-06-2004, 04:52 PM
engine building &best

i rememeber my first race with a built all motor and a built turbo Sohc dont remeber what kindda cars that where sences thay were so far behind me

175+served in engines built from minime to gsr/lsvtec,b16 b20vtec,d15 k24 powerhouses or just rebuilds.life is good
i like when people don't take my advice.cause then i make more money when u need it rebuild the right way!

how many speed holes do i need in my bumper,b4 i can run 15's?
Old 01-06-2004, 04:58 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Can you try that again in English possibly?
Old 01-06-2004, 05:15 PM
never shit a shooter

ok a fully built d series is going to cost you right around 2500, pending on who you buy from and how much you install your self, and it will get you well into the 185 hp+ range at the crank. please tell me what b-series swap cost that much and gets you that kind of hp.
Old 01-06-2004, 05:18 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

I want proof of this before i start arguing.
Old 01-07-2004, 03:08 PM
Spent more money than you

Originally posted by Kermit sol
ok a fully built d series is going to cost you right around 2500, pending on who you buy from and how much you install your self, and it will get you well into the 185 hp+ range at the crank. please tell me what b-series swap cost that much and gets you that kind of hp.
only bad thing about that even the most fully built d-series tops out around 200 hp all motor and 245-250 turboed. That is fully built, tuned etc. for MOST applications. Sure you could get more depending on you $$$ but it becomes that much harder because its a d-series. B-series are much easier to build and find parts for and are capable of much more. That to me doesn't make a B-series swap more superior, its just a matter of preference. If you have 300+ hp aspirations and are not fuckin swimming in money then building a d-series probably wouldn't be a good idea. But if you're like me and aren't looking to go crazy with boost and shit, then there's nothing wrong with buildin your d-series motor up.

Racing Integration
LHT Performance
My tuner is named Alpha
Roque Fab = The best Fabricator in the WHOLE WORLD

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so fucking temperamental.
Old 01-07-2004, 05:49 PM
pwns.

Originally posted by Kermit sol

a) define fully built. especially, knowing that you obviously have all this knowledge as fact... but youre still asking what to get for your motor.

b) last time I checked, a b16 could be had for anywhere from 1000-2200 depending on generation, and would be much easier to cox an additonal 25 crank HP out of, then 55 out of a sohc. More torque. More consistant power. More future potential beyond 185 crank HP.