View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 03:34 PM
Z28ricer
Doesnt see what you did

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mewantkouki
Mine fit like a glove and wasn't cobbled together. I wouldn't exactly call removing the ka ac clutch easy with the engine in the car. Furthermore please do tell how it's possible to install a s14 ka compressor into an s13 without purging the system..?
From what i've seen they use 2 bolts to hold the compressor on, the factory uses 4, thats cobbled, anyway you cut it.

Yes indeed the not removing the gas only works for 14's, so your target point is for the few cars that still have working systems, with quite a few miles on them, probably on their way out soon, to go to a cobbled together setup, instead of just putting a newer compressor on, with all factory mounting.

Cliff's notes:

S14 ka compressor already in S14: pulley can be swapped and redtop bracket used.

S13 chassis with SR needs S14 Ka compressor / pulley swap and redtop bracket + magic to install without disconnecting lines.
Yes indeed the S13 chassis needs to be done via removing the lines, it also is going to be something on a high mileage car where its time for the system to be at a minimum flushed, cleaned perfectly, and done anyway due to its age. Moot point.

Basically you're saying it's a better decision to purge a perfectly working s13 AC system replace it with a hybrid S14ka / S13 ac compressor and bolt it back together. (Tracking down a red top SR A/C bracket spending $165 for a new compressor and whatever it takes to re-charge the system) VS spending $70-$110 on the corresponding conversion bracket for your car and bolting on your existing compressor (accomplishing the same thing)? No thanks... Call me cheap.
Yes i'm saying its far better to just buy the $165 compressor for those with earlier cars, rather than buying a $100 bracket to half-ass the old 140,000 mile compressor on, and then have to replace it 3 months later and still doing the re-charge etc.

Last edited by Z28ricer; 10-06-2012 at 03:41 PM.