Old 11-30-2011, 05:53 AM
Graves
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by *JamReX*
I see where you are coming from. Try to understand what im saying.

You still believe that MOST people vote for a specific user or a specific brand only. But the reality is that when there are 10 nominees MOST people on this board make an educated vote. Yes, there are people that will only vote for a friend, or only vote for a specific car. But we cant cater to those people individually all 11 months of the year and have 10 votes each month. When you narrow it down to just a category only people that care about that category vote. And thats what we dont want.
So on a wide open nomination you only got 7, well 8 if you count the disqualified one. How's that any different than what you would get from my suggestion?

Using this month as an example. The winner only got 30 percent of the votes. There was 7 nominees. Thats what we want.
So you're saying you want 1 or 2 in the month to run away with it? First month of doing it again but 91 votes total isn't a big sign of support.

Would Sean's 240 ever gotten any votes without the theme? No. Even the nissan guys wouldnt have voted for it. And thats what we want. Everyone this month had a fair shot. The stock 240, The stock RSX, as well as the fully built purpose car... and the 4 door daily driver. Everyone has a chance, every month. And if you take care of your car & make an effort with the theme you will get the votes. Even if you arent th emost popular guy in the forum or have sponsors backing your built.
The idea is like communism, on paper it's great. In reality and execution it isn't. I'll just shut up and see how long it lasts this time around.