View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 02:51 PM
PT Photography
Photographer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkBuddha
In my enthusiasm to post my above response, I missed saying that I think the elitism of "no ricer cars", etc. is complete BS to me. I'm a car and driving enthusiast, so I have an interest all kinds of cars (admittedly some more than others) doing all kinds of stuff. Folks that don't aren't my kinda folks. When I encounter an owner of an enthusiast car (whether it's a Ferrari or a Camaro or a hachi roku) that shows no interest in any other kind of car, I get annoyed. Same for folks that are domestic only, or JDM only, or auto-x only, or drag only, or whatever only. And really, I don't have as much of an interest in looking at yet another unmodified, undriven Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche, etc. I can't identify, they don't inspire me, and at my age, they don't have the same impact anymore. I'd much rather look at somebody's half-done project and witness the process of an enthusiast trying to realize their aspiration. And I'd much rather watch a guy mar the paint on his car hitting a cone at an auto-x than look at the mile deep Ferrari red paint on a row of Modenas.

Perhaps what we do need is a c&c event for the enthusiasts that don't have exotics. Maybe my ideas aren't dead-ends... yet. We'll see...

Why don't you search photos from C&C meets all over the country. The theme is continuously sports, exotic, and unique cars. That's the style of meet. No one is saying we don't appreciate other types of cars, it's just that when there are JDM meets every other night it's nice to have a little something different. I was able to have a friend bring out a white Porsche Carrera GT to the very first meet and the owner opened up his car for everyone to see. If there's something wrong with not modifying a $450,000 one of only 2 white cars in the country then I must be missing something.

And if you ever come to one of these use the ears and eyes that God gave you and notice Vette owners, Ferrari owners, Porsche owners all showing interest in each others' cars.

If you don't like the style of event refrain from exiting your front door. No one is saying you have to be there with a smile on your face. I really don't understand why this is causing a debate...