View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 12:31 PM
DarkBuddha
Registered User gone bad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Evo Otto
Thanks man. I know I just think it's funny that they think a car that is seen just as much as a honda civic around Sarasota is exotic. It's all good I respect all cars and all enthusiasts. Maybe having a car that there is only a handful in the state isn't rare enough for them. I'll keep coming out and inviting friends as I can. Hopefully everyone else will also and help make this a good event. It feels good to finally have a good get together locally here. I'm tired of putting so many interstate miles on the cars and fighting those rock chips. Please everyone hit the like link for your facebook and get the word out.
Whoa! That's your Pulsar?!?!!! I was so psych'd when I saw it at the USF meet a while back, but it seemed like I was the only one. It can be very lonely owning a car like that (or my XR), but there are those that appreciate 'em. Forget the 'vette owners, and exoti-snobs. I've taken my POS XR to Sarasota Cafe Racer lunches, the Dupont C&C events, etc., and I don't give a crap whatever whoever says.

And I'm with you on having to pedal so damn far all the time to get to a good meet. The Sarasota/Bradenton area seems to have plenty of enthusiasts and cars, but there's no real scene. I've found that very frustrating... in-fighting between groups, snipe-ish politics, the stupidity of youth, etc. I love that there is a cars & coffee event locally now. In fact, I've been dreaming and scheming of starting one for the last year, even contacting some possible locales about it. But as I've got no contacts in the scene, and can't even seem to find a centralized place to reach/contact folks in the area, it's been more of an academic exercise than anything else. Certainly there are folks with tons more experience than me who have tried and failed at these sorts of things.

In any case, I'll definitely try to make it to the next c&c. My XR will surely draw the 'vette owners attention away from your beautiful Pulsar.