Thread: Latest project
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 01:51 PM
Hurstmeister

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car is now in the hands of Bryan (351Coupe). I took it to his shop last Tues. I went with Sonic Blue with a single wide white stripe down the middle of the car.

Nothing too fancy. Just a regular 93 GT with stock ground effects and a 4" Kaenen cowl hood. Body wise it will be pretty much stock except for the hood and wheels.

My car should be painted and ready hopefully by the end of March, early April. While in there I will be getting the engine and the rest of my goodies ready. So when I get it back home its just a matter of assembling all the new parts.

This is the programmable MSD stand alone ignition set up. Its the MSD 6010 for carb'd LSx engines. Plugs into the factory crank and cam sensors and then each coil pack bank. It comes with a MAP sensor that gets hooked up to vacuum. There are 6 or 7 different pills that you can plug in. Each has different ignition and advance setting from mild to aggressive. It also has a data port that you can plug it into your computer. You install the software that comes with it and then you can set the ignition up how ever your want with MAP points for the entire RPM range. Pretty neat piece. The intake was $259 at Summit and the MSD 6010 I got through Jegs for $309.

This Lakewood bell will allow me to use my Ford TKO so I can still use a cable actuated clutch with the GM 6.0 engine.

This is the pilot bearing adapter for the LSx block because Ford uses a smaller one and the input shaft would not have been seated properly with out this.

Brake pads are here but the slotted/drilled rotors are on back order. Expecting delivery on the 7th with the lower control arms for the AJE k-member. I was expecting my headers on Friday but they never showed up. UPS doesnt deliver on weekends so I guess they'll be here Mon.

Still need a few more things before I am done.
Need an Fbody radiator.
Some 3" exhaust pipe to finish out the exhaust from the headers.
Still trying to decide on mufflers. I want quiet Mufflers but still want to hear the deep rumble. I will probably try some Walker or Thrush 3 chamber mufflers and see how they sound.
Still trying to decide on a cam profile to use.

Thats pretty much it for now. Going to paint the engine block and valley plate Chevy Orange. Debating whether or not to pull the heads and hand port them. Odds are I will get bored waiting for my car to come out of paint and I will probably end up pulling the heads. I'll post pictures if I do. I know how you guys love to scrutinize work like that. :thumbsup

Hurst

Originally Posted by Tiffiny
"We all heart the Hurst"