View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 09:13 PM
Hurstmeister

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So many people out of work or not making the same money they used to have,.. or just trying to hold on to what they have in case they do lose their job.

I'm going on 1 1/2 yr now since I've been out of work. Half way through a CIS CPA degree. I was a foreman for a construction company that employed over 600 people when I first started there. Close up shop in Feb of 2009.

I stop at the light and see what looks like decent guys holding signs "Hungry, out of work. Father of 2, Being evicted, Please help God Bless" Or in St Pete the other day I saw a pregnant woman holding a 2 year old with a homeless sign, "husband looking for work out of state, please help". It seems almost every corner someone is there. You can tell the vagrants from the people who have fell on hard times. I was homeless when I was 19. I did day labor. I broke my back for $26 a day. It was enough money to get a room and take a shower or you could eat but you had to find some place to sleep where the police wouldnt hassle you and hopefully it was dry. I've been there.. I know what they are going through.

So if you are doing well right now be happy. You are very lucky to still have your job. If it werent for my wife's seniority and making a good salary we would be screwed right now. Hopefully when I graduate I can find a good paying job to make up for these lean times.

Hurst

Originally Posted by Tiffiny
"We all heart the Hurst"