View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Wanabrutbeer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 Z32 NA Rebuild

Ok so I am new to this forum, live in the Atlanta area, and am about to embark on my first Z32 NA Rebuild. At least I am hoping that a rebuild will be possible, as I am suffering from failing hydraulic lifters. The audible problem has only arisen recently, Id say about 50 miles or less have been driven since the audible knock surfaced. I am hoping this was not enough to cause irepairable damage to the block. Any suggestions? I will post pics and such as they become available. Money is tight so I may be doing this in small increments. It isnt depended on for driving at the moment so I can take my time in getting it back up. My first feat is going to be getting this engine pulled. I have read through a good post here, by Clint, and am also familiar with the TTZ of Dallas guide, which I will make use of. I suppose the purpose of this post is to announce the project, and collect any useful information from anyone willing to share. My plan is to replace as much as I can, and get the block and heads machined, and while I am at it I want to drop a 5 speed in, she has been whining about the automatic for some time, so she deserves a 5 speed. Any advice or feedback is much appreciated!