1993 Z32 NA Rebuild

Old 05-02-2010, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 Z32 NA Rebuild

Ok so I am new to this forum, live in the Atlanta area, and am about to embark on my first Z32 NA Rebuild. At least I am hoping that a rebuild will be possible, as I am suffering from failing hydraulic lifters. The audible problem has only arisen recently, Id say about 50 miles or less have been driven since the audible knock surfaced. I am hoping this was not enough to cause irepairable damage to the block. Any suggestions? I will post pics and such as they become available. Money is tight so I may be doing this in small increments. It isnt depended on for driving at the moment so I can take my time in getting it back up. My first feat is going to be getting this engine pulled. I have read through a good post here, by Clint, and am also familiar with the TTZ of Dallas guide, which I will make use of. I suppose the purpose of this post is to announce the project, and collect any useful information from anyone willing to share. My plan is to replace as much as I can, and get the block and heads machined, and while I am at it I want to drop a 5 speed in, she has been whining about the automatic for some time, so she deserves a 5 speed. Any advice or feedback is much appreciated!
Old 05-03-2010, 10:48 AM
TOTALLY AWESOME.

Originally Posted by Wanabrutbeer
live in the Atlanta area
Why are you on a Tampa based forum then? I mean I don't run out and join 240sx's of West Virginia or something like that... Just seems kinda weird. But whatever I guess. Good luck w/ your build.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:05 PM
No Ants Drift Member

not only that, but why in the hell would anyone go through the effort of building an N/A 300Z?
Old 05-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by Durdan
not only that, but why in the hell would anyone go through the effort of building an N/A 300Z?
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/n...ld-thread.html
Old 05-03-2010, 06:14 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by NeedCAforS13
Why are you on a Tampa based forum then? I mean I don't run out and join 240sx's of West Virginia or something like that... Just seems kinda weird. But whatever I guess. Good luck w/ your build.
TR is the biggest local/metro forum in the US, according to vBulletin.

Besides, have you ever been on Import Atlanta? What a giant shit hole.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:24 PM
kings cannot fall.

is that why you never answer my pm's on WV240sx?
Old 05-04-2010, 06:18 AM
TOTALLY AWESOME.

Originally Posted by Epstein
Besides, have you ever been on Import Atlanta? What a giant shit hole.
And TR's not? I mean don't get me wrong, it's entertaining, but I can't say that I ever come on here expecting anything serious to be happening.

And sorry Tim, I'll go finish my registration
Old 05-04-2010, 07:03 AM
Retired

And TR's not? I mean don't get me wrong, it's entertaining, but I can't say that I ever come on here expecting anything serious to be happening.

And sorry Tim, I'll go finish my registration
TR is actually bigger than FreshAlloy, by the way.

Import Atlanta is, well, think about Zilvia if you took away all the tech/builds/info that Vendors generate, then centered it in the middle of GA. TR is a brain trust on top of a think tank compared to that place.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:26 PM
February - Ride of the Month

Zilvia has pictures of cars with the same wheels, with quarter panels stretched to tomorrow and owned by kids that live at home

RIP Tim Aldrich
"..watch this cool documentary on bums racing shopping carts downhill, and making a living off of selling bottles. living the dream."

Old 05-05-2010, 10:27 PM
AERODYNAMIC WHEN I FIGHT

Pete and I have a extra running vq30de , well it is said to be running. we bought it from a cop.
the idiot who pulled it from him cut the harness but it has everything else. So if you would like a good spare. 200.