View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 10:56 AM
Hurstmeister

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GNs-r-slow
Then you post up a new set of heads like I did...New Vr jr's w/rockers for $1300 and you have people wanting you to take $750 and payment s It dont make sense to me either. Maybe its my lack of selling skillz

Exactly.
I sold AFR 185 heads with some mild machine work, complete with Comp springs, and Comp Pro Magnum 1.6 RR's, titanium retainers the whole works,.. these heads were $2200 if you were to buy new and complete with all that,.. but sold for $1300 to AB,.. and I was happy I got that much. I thought I was going to be sitting on them for a couple months,.. then get pissed and drop the price to $1000 before someone would buy.

I got offers of $300,.. $500 and $600.
They would PM me,.. "I have $500 cash for your heads, Take it now I wont have it next week". Or the one kid who offered me $300 PM'd me back and wanted to know why I was asking so much and wouldnt take $300? I didnt even respond.

Or here is another,.. I specifically stand last winter that my TKO was only up for sale so I could buy my son a PS3 for Christmas. If it didnt sell before Christmas that I was keeping it. I got a PM 3 weeks ago with a guy offering $1500 for it. Told him its not for sale anymore. He says I need to take it because I'm not working and need the money. To which I did indeed respond,.. yes I'm broke and out of work. But I have a wife that makes $72k a year. I'm not poor.

Sorry for the rant. And nothing against you personally Chris. I will go out of my way to help people I dont even know. But sometimes I feel like people want to take kindness for a sign of weakness.

Hurst

Originally Posted by Tiffiny
"We all heart the Hurst"

Last edited by Hurstmeister; 02-24-2010 at 11:00 AM.