Thread: Perrin 3582R
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 07:30 AM
schargd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fitbikeco
I am free to voice my opinion am I or am I not? Just because you dont agree with my engine break-in theory doesnt mean every body else doesnt. As for being a HUMBLE shop owner or what not, you really try put us little people like myself down to make you look bigger but hey I dont expect anything less from a shop like this
If you wanted do the right thing you would keep your self busy with shop related work and not forum related.
I have been reading post for awhile and feel free to voice my opinion. I don't post a lot but read a lot.

Everyone does have their opinion and is free to post. A lot of people post hearsay and it is often wrong or misquoted. The problem is people read these post and believe it to be true without discussing it with professionals or studying it for themselves. Information is great but misinformation can hurt.

I wish everyone would believe about 10% of what they read on post and learn the rest for themselves.

You can break in an engine anyway you want and the older cars needed a lot of break in. The dealers recommend a long break in because all the metal is new and they don't want people hammering on the cars period, let alone right after they buy it. Most aftermarket motors are rebuilds with the motor seasoned already. The new rings and pistons seat very quickly. The metallurgy and tolerances are much better on today's motors. I have over 33 years of working on cars and going through ASE certified courses and I have seen many changes to engine building. The old manufacture's standard is not always true. I agree that break in wouldn't hurt but may not be as necessary as people think. Scott Siegel is absolutely right, with the dyno runs for streetablity done on this car before high horsepower runs, motors break in quickly.

Everything on this motor was cryogenically tempered which is like putting a lot of miles on a car or the dyno so 1k miles is not needed. I believe this motor will be insane and will last a long time.

S&R Performance builds great motors and takes care of their customers and I'm sure this customer will be happy.

This is my 10% so pick the 10% you like.

Last edited by schargd; 12-08-2009 at 07:35 AM.