View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 08:11 PM
Clawhammer
BELOW M3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SR wiring gurus help me play beerpong!

I pulled my motor to put a new head and hks cams on it, and freshen things up with new timing stuff, seals, gaskets, etc. While it's out I decided to paint my engine bay and clean things up. I pulled my harness to redo shitty connections etc. that are randomly in the harness from previous owners.

Here's where I currently am:

I will be sleeving the whole thing with the braided stuff, if anyone knows where I can get that?

Anyway, I've already gotten rid of a ton of useless s***, but right now have three questions.

Up first is this yellow/red wire. I pulled it all the way through from the passenger fender to pin #3 (Tach. signal output). Is this needed? My tach works fine I have no idea what this does because it goes to this weird plug looking thing and that's it. Here's a pic:

Next I have two blue wires that were chilling down by my ECU. The first one is blue with a black stripe. I followed it all the way to a coolant temp. sensor plug. Should this be pinned in my ECU? What's going on here?

The other blue one has a green stripe, and I followed it to the two plugs at the back on the intake manifold. I don't know how else to describe it so here's a pic:

So, let's get this mess off my table so I can play beerpong! My roommates are all WTFM8!?